PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Pats

Jeff Sudmeier
02-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Well the Patriots won a good game! I have to say, I am suprised that the Eagles stayed as close as they did. I was rooting for them the whole day, but they didn't seem on their game.

Anyway, here's to a GREAT game, at least it was a good one to watch!

Joseph N. Myers
02-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Yes it was a good game. Lots of errors though, just like my woodworking.

Wondering how the Eagle fans will react. If you ever heard about how bad the Eagle fans are, its all true. If the win, yeah they the best, if they lose, they're bums. But that's life.

Regards, Joe

Tim Morton
02-06-2005, 10:47 PM
I'm just glad as a pats fan that the Eagles had no clue what to do in the last 6 minutes of the game. If they even TRIED to manage the clock they may have won the game. I guess it was a good game, but if you were a pats fan it was a tough one to watch...we did not defend against the pass that well, and offensively we weren't able to convert some key third downs in the 4th quarter. which philly more than enough chances to win. we played just good enough to win...so I'll take it!!

go pats!! :D

Glenn Clabo
02-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Tim,
You are even beginning to sound like Bill Belichick...just something to improve on next year,eh!

Hey New England...be proud...we got us three champions in two years!

Now lets all say...Go Sox!

Tim Morton
02-06-2005, 11:23 PM
You are even beginning to sound like Bill Belichick...just something to improve on next year,eh!

Never thought of it that way :D I just feel like we dodged a HUGE bullet tonight..but like i said...I'll take it and now it's time to settle in and wait for spring training!!!

go sox!!

Keith Starosta
02-07-2005, 7:32 AM
Yep, it was a very good year to be a Boston sports fan! First the BoSox and their unbelievable finish, now the Pats cementing their place in history as a dynasty......and to top it all off, they weren't subjected to that HORRIBLE brand of hockey the Bruins have been shoving out on the ice recently! :D

Congrats to the Patriots and all of their fans!!

Keith

John Miliunas
02-07-2005, 8:02 AM
I'd like to add my "Congrats" to the Pats and their fans. :) Mistakes were made on both sides, but I still think BOTH teams played a great game and it was pretty exciting throughout. Being a Packer fan, it was a bit tough to watch, but in doing so, I came away with the thought that, the two best teams in football were out on that field. With a lump in my throat, I'd have to say that if my beloved Pack had made it that far with their current roster, they would have fallen to either of the two teams on Sunday.:( Now, on to the Draft!:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-07-2005, 8:21 AM
I'd like to add my "Congrats" to the Pats and their fans. :) Mistakes were made on both sides, but I still think BOTH teams played a great game and it was pretty exciting throughout. Being a Packer fan, it was a bit tough to watch, but in doing so, I came away with the thought that, the two best teams in football were out on that field. With a lump in my throat, I'd have to say that if my beloved Pack had made it that far with their current roster, they would have fallen to either of the two teams on Sunday.:( Now, on to the Draft!:) :cool:

Amen Brotha! It was for sure a good super bowl, where two teams that deserved to be there fought it out.

Jim Becker
02-07-2005, 9:12 AM
I'm just glad as a pats fan that the Eagles had no clue what to do in the last 6 minutes of the game. If they even TRIED to manage the clock they may have won the game.
Very true...I was quite surprised at the oblivion shown relative to the clock. This was a game where a few more seconds could have made a difference.

But all in all, it was an exciting contest. Both teams were enjoyable to watch and there were some super performances...as well as some disappointments.

Sadly, McCartney failed to perform naked so there really isn't anything to stoke the press into a frenzy... :D

Jerry Olexa
02-07-2005, 10:36 AM
It was a decent game. 2 great teams slugging it out. Very Physical game ..Mistakes made by both teams (uncharacteristic of Pats).. The use of the clock @ the end by Eagles was unbelievably poor!! The receivers performed well on both teams in spite of injuries..Philla in spite of their mistakes played well enuf to win but didn't capitalize on the openings. NE at times showed their brilliance. You could see their adjustments in the 2nd half. Turned into an offensive game. Not a bad game. Congrats to the Pats!!!

Michael Cody
02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Great Game, but most important -- NE didn't cover the spread .. cost a lot of money for the betting industry....

I was pulling for the Egales, they made turnovers which the haven't done all season and I think the Super Bowl jitters got to McNabb...

But NE made the great adjustment in the second half and showed why they had won 2 out of the last 3 Super Bowls.. Philly didn't match the adjustments quick enough and they lost the game. The poor clock management hurt but they just didn't adjust to stop NE until the 4th quarter.

Bob Johnson2
02-07-2005, 11:47 AM
It's funny, seems like folks almost took it for granted this year, no wild parties etc. to fill the news in the morning.

Donnie Raines
02-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Sadly, McCartney failed to perform naked so there really isn't anything to stoke the press into a frenzy... :D[/QUOTE]

Thank God!! :D