PDA

View Full Version : Your best guess?

Norm Zax
05-19-2011, 9:20 AM
Not sure what these people were trying. I'll leave it to your imagination.
[no one was hurt, except the tailgate, when the piece "unexpectedly" shifted]
source: Flickr. Found by Toolmonger.

Steve Vaughan
05-19-2011, 9:30 AM
WOW! That's one serious bowl blank right there! Well, it appears to me that they are wanting to load the piece in the back of that truck. I'd really like to see a pic of the truck with that thing sitting in the back. Can't imagine that the tailgate wasn't dragging the road!

Jim Underwood
05-19-2011, 9:31 AM
My guess is that they were trying to save money by not hiring loading equipment or skid truck... Being a cheapskate myself, I know what that's like.

But still....

Looks like a really good way to get hurt to me. That's a big chunk of wood. I'd not want to rely on cinder blocks to hold up something that heavy, and certainly not that awkward and ungainly.

I'd just call up a buddy with his loader, or at least rent a skid truck.

David DeCristoforo
05-19-2011, 10:31 AM
"...Not sure what these people were trying..."

I'm thinkin' they were trying to get that big ol' root ball into the back of that truck...

Tim Rinehart
05-19-2011, 10:45 AM
All I can say is if they had to keep that in one piece vs cutting up into manageable sizes for loading/turning...HOW BIG OF A LATHE do THEY have!!:eek::eek:

Steve Schlumpf
05-19-2011, 11:23 AM
I believe that what they have there is called a lawn ornament! All they are doing is moving it from one yard to another... hopefully! Somehow, just looking at the photos, I just know there is crazy music playing in the background and someone running all around the yard yelling 'Hey Moe, Hey Moe!!'

Roger Chandler
05-19-2011, 11:28 AM
I just know there is crazy music playing in the background and someone running all around the yard yelling 'Hey Moe, Hey Moe!!'

Thought that was funny!

Jim Burr
05-19-2011, 11:37 AM
It's got to be a Candid Camera moment...Stupid hurts!

Jon Lanier
05-19-2011, 11:43 AM
"Stupid is as Stupid does." -Forest

Chip Sutherland
05-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Specimens from the gene pool. Future Darwin award winners. Wonder if they wear their faceshields?

David E Keller
05-19-2011, 10:30 PM
These are my people. Well, these are the people that I see in my clinic on a daily basis. Thank God there's no cure for stupid... I'd be out of a job.

charlie knighton
05-20-2011, 2:20 AM
i wonder how they got it out of the ground, that thing is awsome. glad nobody was hurt.