PDA

View Full Version : Blog Reader or News Aggregator other than Google Blogger?

David Weaver
05-19-2011, 8:46 AM
Does anyone use a web-based (and free) blog aggregator other than google blogger?

Blogger has been fritzy for me for a long time, but it's been up and down the last two weeks, and I'm getting tired of being prompted to give them my cell phone number with the phrase of "what would you do if you forgot your password?", which lately is just followed by Blogger error messages, anyway.

(I'd set up another account).

mickey cassiba
05-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm using Google Reader, but it only works on blogs with RSS support. It's been working steadily for the last three or for years. I even migrated my whole account when I switched from FireFox to Chrome...no issues at all.

David Weaver
05-19-2011, 10:37 AM
I guess google reader is the right term for what I've been using. Whatever it is that google offers that goes with the blogs.

They had some kind of breach in the last couple of days (or weeks) and a bunch of spam comments that went all over blogs, so things were off for a little while.

That's why I thought their request for personal information was a bit tone deaf. "hi, we just had a big breach. Would you like to give us some information so we can contact you if you lose your password?".

I'd like to get away from google's stuff in general if I can, I think they're scummy at a corporate level.