PDA

View Full Version : a pick-me-up when feeling bad

Roger Chandler
05-18-2011, 6:58 PM
I was thinking about SMC and how many posts I have made over the last couple of weeks..............there have been days when it has been very small, and a couple of days I seem to have almost posted on every thread............some more than once :eek:

Truth is..........I have been sick for the last week..........I am nursing a severe sinus infection which has gone down into my chest. I have had to continue my job, albeit scaled back some to only the very necessities. Very little voice, and a lot of coughing and hardly no sleep.

This forum has helped me pass some of the time when I have had enough energy to engage.............

Thanks to you all for putting up with me ..............I appreciate it! :)

John Keeton
05-18-2011, 7:16 PM
Roger, glad to be here for you - until you cough on me!!!! Then we are done!:D

Hope you kick this thing soon - been there, and didn't have any fun!

Roger Chandler
05-18-2011, 7:22 PM
Roger, glad to be here for you - until you cough on me!!!! Then we are done!:D

Hope you kick this thing soon - been there, and didn't have any fun!

Ah.........nurse ratchet appears :p ..........Thanks John..........With the help of God and the antibiotics the doctor gave me yesterday..........and the good nursing skills of my wife [herself a registered nurse] I should be okay in a few days....

The pollen has been unbelievable this year, and mold spores as well [very wet spring] and I have 19 white pines around my house that are just spewing clouds of pollen so thick the air has turned yellow-green. Not helping the allergies at all!

Seriously, I do appreciate all these good folks that engage on SMC....that includes you! ;)

Steve Schlumpf
05-18-2011, 7:23 PM
Roger - we all have spells when we don't feel well... I hope you kick this bug soon and get back to feeling 100% very soon!

Roger Chandler
05-18-2011, 7:25 PM
Roger - we all have spells when we don't feel well... I hope you kick this bug soon and get back to feeling 100% very soon!

Grateful Sir!

David E Keller
05-18-2011, 7:42 PM
I hope you get to feeling better, Roger... I do not enjoy feeling sickly.

Roger Chandler
05-18-2011, 7:43 PM
I hope you get to feeling better, Roger... I do not enjoy feeling sickly.

Thanks Doc!

John Hart
05-18-2011, 9:40 PM
Sinus infections are the worst!!! They just take everything out of you. Those breathe right nose strips help with sleeping though.

Get well soon Roger. I can't make fun of you if you're sick!!

Nurse Ratchet....what a hoot!:)

Roger Chandler
05-18-2011, 9:49 PM
Sinus infections are the worst!!! They just take everything out of you. Those breathe right nose strips help with sleeping though.

Get well soon Roger. I can't make fun of you if you're sick!!

Nurse Ratchet....what a hoot!:)

Appreciate it John!

Tim Thiebaut
05-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Hope you feel better soon, they hit me pretty bad at times to.

Ed Morgano
05-19-2011, 1:36 AM
Between the Oak pollen, Pine pollen and having crohn's, there have been a few days in the past few months where I haven't gone out of the house and probably slept 16 hrs a day. Hope you feel better soon.

Dan Forman
05-19-2011, 3:17 AM
Hope all are feeling better soon. They say the rain this year in increasing the problems with pollen and allergies.

Dan

bob svoboda
05-19-2011, 9:23 AM
Sounds like you are on your way to mending. Hope it is soon and complete. Can't wait for John H to start making fun of you again.

Roland Martin
05-19-2011, 9:39 AM
The antibiotics should get things going in the right direction in short order, Roger, I really hope so, for your sake. I just got over a bronchial infection myself, got the best of me for 3 weeks, until the Dr. put me on antibiotics and prednisone. Keep smiling Roger.

Roger Chandler
05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks Tim,Bob, Dan,Ed and Roland..........I'm working on getting better.........slow, way too slow a process........getting well!

Cathy Schaewe
05-19-2011, 5:39 PM
The pollen has been unbelievable this year, and mold spores as well [very wet spring] and I have 19 white pines around my house that are just spewing clouds of pollen so thick the air has turned yellow-green. Not helping the allergies at all!

You have my sincere sympathies - my entire house is green from the pollen. This is the worst year I've ever seen - I hope you feel better soon!

Roger Chandler
05-19-2011, 7:43 PM
You have my sincere sympathies - my entire house is green from the pollen. This is the worst year I've ever seen - I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you so much ma'am...........I appreciate the well wishes..........it helps the medicine go down a little better! :);)