PDA

View Full Version : Nice little shop radio....

Bill Huber
05-17-2011, 12:13 PM
I picked up a little Milwaukee 2590-20 job site radio at Home Depot and really like it. To start it is small, its not like a lot of the job site radios I have looked at, they are very large and bulky.

I have had a small transistor in the shop but it was small and just did not work that well. The reception was not that good and it would get full of saw dust and I would have to vacuum it out now and then.

The 2590-20 is a 12v. radio and takes the same battery as the M12 drills and other tools.
It is somewhat small in that it is only 10.5 x 4 x 7. it fits on a peg board very well with just some straight peg board hooks.
It does not come with a battery but it does come with an ac adapter, which is great for me. It also comes with 2 AA batteries for back up of the clock and presets.
It has AM, FM and AUX to plug an MP3 player into which can be place in a sealed compartment in the front of the radio.
It has 10 presets you can set, bass and treble adjustments (EQ), a scan button or you can go to the next station with the large arrow keys.

The volume is very good and you can turn it up a lot if you want and the sound is also very good. All in all i really like the little radio, it sounds good and does not take up a lot of space which I just don't have. It is a little high in cost at $99 but it built for the shop and not for the living room.