PDA

View Full Version : Our little girl is growing up

Rob Cunningham
05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Our daughter Colleen graduated from college with honors, Magna Cum Laude, on Saturday. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
It seems like not that long ago she was a curly headed little girl that fought us, kicking and screaming, every Sunday morning as we tried to get a dress on her for Sunday school. She has grown into an independent young young woman who cares very deeply about nursing and helping others.
Colleen will be working full time at the hospital where she has worked part time since passing her state boards two years ago. She plans to continue her education for her Masters degree.
We are all very proud of her :D

Ken Fitzgerald
05-16-2011, 1:02 PM
Rob,

What a magnificent gloat!

Congratulations to your daughter and to you and your wife!

Nurses are the unsung heroes of the medical field!

Again.....Congratulations!

Steve Schlumpf
05-16-2011, 1:02 PM
WOW! Congrats Dad! I can only begin to imagine how proud you are! Great photo!!!

Belinda Barfield
05-16-2011, 1:17 PM
Congrats to Colleen! (and to you and Nancy on a fine parenting job)

Bob Riefer
05-16-2011, 1:26 PM
Congrats! I can attest as someone that has spent significant time in the hospital that good nurses are a true blessing, so it is great to hear that your daughter is very passionate about her career choice. They say if you love what you do, you'll never "work" a day in your life.

edit: And I will go home after work this evening and try to freeze time so that I can keep my little ones little for awhile longer! ;)

John Hart
05-16-2011, 2:10 PM
Wonderful!!
I know EXACTLY what you're feeling right now.

Bruce Page
05-16-2011, 2:21 PM
Congratulations Rob! That is something for all to be proud of!
My daughter just completed her first year in nursing school after being in the workforce for 10 years as a bookkeeper. Nursing is something she has always wanted to do.

Charles Goodnight
05-16-2011, 2:32 PM
As a professor I never get tired of seeing the childish freshmen coming in and leaving four years later as mature promising young adults. I love having the opportunity to congratulate them and send them off at graduation. Congratulations indeed!

Jim Becker
05-16-2011, 7:24 PM
Congratulations to your daughter and your family! Yea...time flies...

Gary Hodgin
05-16-2011, 7:29 PM
Congratulations! We need those nurses. I know you're proud of her and I wish her the best.

Rod Sheridan
05-16-2011, 7:32 PM
Excellent news Rob, please pass my congratulations on to your daughter...........Regards, Rod.

Mike Cruz
05-16-2011, 7:49 PM
You must be a very proud father. I know how proud my father was of me when I graduated. Of his four boys, I was the only one that followed in his footsteps of earning a degree. Not that any of my brothers are slouches by any means (all the others are tops in their fields), but I'm the only one that graduated from a university. He hung that diploma proudly in his house for 20 years.

Good luck and congratulations to your daughter thoughout all her endeavors...whether she sticks with nursing or does a 180. The accomplishment of a degree is her's to keep...always. AND for you to cherish.

dave toney
05-16-2011, 8:18 PM
I wouldn't say she is growing up, I would say she IS grown up (hard to admit, I know), and has grown up well.
I am sure you are proud, as you should be!
Dave

Phil Thien
05-16-2011, 8:35 PM
Awesome! If I were you I'd be smiling ear to ear.

Rob Cunningham
05-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you everyone for your congratulations and well wishes. We have 2 sons who will be graduating (1 college and 1 high school) in the beginning of June, then it's party time :D. I'll keep you posted.

Bill Cunningham
05-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Congrats.. It must be something about 'Cunningham' Girls.. My oldest Daughter (got three) is a Nurse as well, working in Geriatrics & Palliative care.. (their all taller than their mother too..ha..)