PDA

View Full Version : Cheeseheads

Karl Laustrup
02-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Just wondering how many of us "Cheeseheads" there are here at the "Creek"? :D

I do know of a few of you, but don't know where everyone is located, so how about a location when you check in?

Thanks.

Steve Ash
02-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I've been a Packer fan for at least 25 years now. Used to live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and had seats at Lambeau on the 48 yard line home side 8 rows up. A guy I built a house for knew I was a Packer fan and didn't use his tickets anymore so he gave me 4 tickets each year. I gave 2 tickets to my mom and dad and kept the other two for myself and wife/kids. When I moved I had to give up my tickets.:(

Jeff Sudmeier
02-06-2005, 2:05 PM
:) I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life. Currently I live in Arena with my wife. I have a garage shop attached to my house...

Tom Hintz
02-06-2005, 2:17 PM
I also was born and raised in Wisconsin before moving to Charlotte 12 years ago.
Oddly enough, the first bar/restaurant I went to after moving down here turned out to be a flat-out Packer bar, owned by two guys who used to live in Green Bay.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-06-2005, 4:56 PM
I also was born and raised in Wisconsin before moving to Charlotte 12 years ago.
Oddly enough, the first bar/restaurant I went to after moving down here turned out to be a flat-out Packer bar, owned by two guys who used to live in Green Bay.
That is cool! It was destiny that you find that bar :)

Dean Baumgartner
02-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Yup another Cheesehead here. Been one my whole life. I didn't even leave to go to school UW Madison then back to Green Bay to work... Why leave when everything I need is right here.

Dean

Fred Dorn
02-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Count me in. I've lived in Green Bay most of my life.

Fred

John Miliunas
02-06-2005, 10:51 PM
"Near Spring Green" is stil Wisconsin, isn't it?:D Been here 32 years now!:) :cool:

Mark Patoka
02-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Born and raised in Fremont, Wisconsin, "The White Bass Capital of the World", 50 miles from Green Bay. Haven't lived there since joining the Air Force 19 years ago but make the pilgrimage back to visit family about every year or so. Cut me and I bleed Green and Gold. No lactose intolerance in this household!

Karl Laustrup
02-07-2005, 4:41 AM
Found the same thing in Vegas when we lived there. A place called the Draught [Draft] House in North West Vegas. Brothers from Neenah~Menasha. They used to fly Johnsonville brats in for the Packer games and the place was always full. They also made sure they had beer from Wisconsin as well as cheese.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-07-2005, 8:10 AM
Found the same thing in Vegas when we lived there. A place called the Draught [Draft] House in North West Vegas. Brothers from Neenah~Menasha. They used to fly Johnsonville brats in for the Packer games and the place was always full. They also made sure they had beer from Wisconsin as well as cheese.

Now that sounds like my kind of place! We were out there for a Packer game a few years ago, wish I had known about this bar then! :)

Mike Circo
02-07-2005, 3:22 PM
Can I be an honorary Cheesehead even though I'm from Illinois?

Been to The Dells more times than I can count. (Godda luv Tommy Bartlett!)

Spent many a May in Fremont for the Striper run with my dad. (Blue Top resort on Partridge Lake.) Love that Supper Club that overlooks the river.... can't remember the name.

Just past Green Bay is Door County. A bit of New England in the Midwest. AND Going to the EAA convention at Oshkosh every-other year since 1976.

Once the Bears are eliminated from contention (usually October) I root for the Packers.

Add in family in McFarland and Whitewater and I bleed cheese!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-07-2005, 3:40 PM
Mike, this will have to be approved by the Cheesehead guild, however the prospects are not good..... We were doing great until you put a restriction on rooting for the Pack! Not good... not good...

Mark Patoka
02-07-2005, 4:23 PM
Spent many a May in Fremont for the Striper run with my dad. (Blue Top resort on Partridge Lake.) Love that Supper Club that overlooks the river.... can't remember the name.

Mike,
That restaurant is probably Ted's Grandview. My mom worked as a waitress there many years ago. We also spent many days at the Partridge Lake beach in the summers.

John Miliunas
02-07-2005, 5:47 PM

Been to The Dells more times than I can count. (Godda luv Tommy Bartlett!)

Just past Green Bay is Door County. A bit of New England in the Midwest. AND Going to the EAA convention at Oshkosh every-other year since 1976.

Once the Bears are eliminated from contention (usually October) I root for the Packers.

Add in family in McFarland and Whitewater and I bleed cheese!
Mike, I like your attitude, for the most part but, I'll have to agree with my co-hort, Jeff S. on the rooting thing. OK, here's what I'll call the "deciding factor": In a Pack vs. Bears game, WHO do you root for? :D (Tough one, heh?!):) :cool:

Jerry Olexa
02-07-2005, 6:19 PM
We spend so much time @ Lake Geneva, Door County, Green Lake,Kenosha, Kohler etc etc that I think I should be given 1/2 Cheesehead status by the guild.And I root for the Pack whenever I can. (Still upset over the Minn playoff game), And I live in NORTHERN Illinois, very near Cheeshead country...Mercy:D

John Miliunas
02-07-2005, 6:30 PM
We spend so much time @ Lake Geneva, Door County, Green Lake,Kenosha, Kohler etc etc that I think I should be given 1/2 Cheesehead status by the guild.And I root for the Pack whenever I can. (Still upset over the Minn playoff game), And I live in NORTHERN Illinois, very near Cheeshead country...Mercy:D
Hey Jeff, before you get a chance to intervene, I'm all over THIS one! 1/2 Cheesehead status for Jerry just AIN'T enough!!! This guy is near as much a Wisconsinite as Johnsonville Brats! :) Hey, the guy is even concerned over whether or not St. Favre is playing with us next season or not! (BTW, he IS!!!:D ) I vote Jerry to be an official extension of our Cheesehead International arm!:) :cool:

Dan Mages
02-07-2005, 6:39 PM
How many? Too many!! ;)

Dan

Dave Richards
02-07-2005, 8:55 PM
I'm in. Raised in Verona. Although I moved to Minnesota a little over 20 years ago, I still think I'm a cheesehead. (that's the first time in a long, long time that I figured out how long I've been away.) I'm still homesick.

Jerry Olexa
02-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey Jeff, before you get a chance to intervene, I'm all over THIS one! 1/2 Cheesehead status for Jerry just AIN'T enough!!! This guy is near as much a Wisconsinite as Johnsonville Brats! :) Hey, the guy is even concerned over whether or not St. Favre is playing with us next season or not! (BTW, he IS!!!:D ) I vote Jerry to be an official extension of our Cheesehead International arm!:) :cool:
I would be honored to serve... Now, where's the cheese and is Brett really back??:)

John Miliunas
02-08-2005, 8:07 AM
I would be honored to serve... Now, where's the cheese and is Brett really back??:)
Well, I *tried*, but every time I cut the cheese, I couldn't get it in the box fast enough!:D :D :D Now, I can't call this Gospel, but on my way into work yesterday, I heard a news short, which stated some uppity-up with the Packer organization said Brett WILL be back next year!:) One can only hope, though I really DO hope they start breaking in a backup QB; Favre ain't gonna' be around forever!:( :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-08-2005, 8:31 AM
Well, I *tried*, but every time I cut the cheese, I couldn't get it in the box fast enough!:D :D :D Now, I can't call this Gospel, but on my way into work yesterday, I heard a news short, which stated some uppity-up with the Packer organization said Brett WILL be back next year!:) One can only hope, though I really DO hope they start breaking in a backup QB; Favre ain't gonna' be around forever!:( :cool:

Jerry Welcome!!

John, I agree with you, hopefully this has all been a wakeup call and they start to realize that if he does come back, this will probably be one of his last two years.

Jeff

Mike Circo
02-08-2005, 9:38 AM
Mike, I like your attitude, for the most part but, I'll have to agree with my co-hort, Jeff S. on the rooting thing. OK, here's what I'll call the "deciding factor": In a Pack vs. Bears game, WHO do you root for? :D (Tough one, heh?!):) :cool:

Well if it is any help to gaining Cheesehead status, I did root for the Pack during the Wanstadt era. (Gawd what a dweeb he was).

Oh, and Ted's Grandview IS the place in Fremont I couldn't remember. I knew someone would know it.

Chris DeHut
02-08-2005, 2:04 PM
I was born in Oconto WI (near Green Bay), then lived in Waukesha for about 20 years (near Beer Town). Now I am in Algonquin IL. I still am a Packer fan so I am guessing that I am still a Cheeshead :p .

Chris DeHut

Mike Evertsen
02-08-2005, 2:10 PM

I bleed cheese!
if you live in Illinois you are a flatlander want to be a cheesehead move north:D

flatlander till death.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-08-2005, 2:36 PM
I was born in Oconto WI (near Green Bay), then lived in Waukesha for about 20 years (near Beer Town). Now I am in Algonquin IL. I still am a Packer fan so I am guessing that I am still a Cheeshead :p .

Chris DeHut

Chris, I do belive that you qualify... Just as long as you would never cheer for a team oder dan da Packers. That is unless gawd forbid they aren't not playing...

Mike Circo
02-08-2005, 3:59 PM
Chris...

Algonquin!!! That's where I'm at (on the rare occasions when I'm not at work)
West side of the river, near Algonquin Road and Hanson Road. (1 mile east of Randall Rd.)

Got any good tools I can borrow? ;-)

Chris DeHut
02-08-2005, 4:38 PM
Chris...

Algonquin!!! That's where I'm at (on the rare occasions when I'm not at work)
West side of the river, near Algonquin Road and Hanson Road. (1 mile east of Randall Rd.)

Got any good tools I can borrow? ;-)

Well, the location where the shop is and where we film the magazine is in Algonquin, but the exact location is top secret. :cool:

Chris

Mark J Bachler
02-10-2005, 1:03 PM
I'm from Shell Lake,Wi. Sun & Fun capitol of Washburn Co. north of Eau Claire 80 miles, south of Superior 60 miles, East of the Twin Cities 100 miles on Hwy 63. The spot God forgot, where the women are mean & the sheep are nervous.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-10-2005, 1:34 PM
The spot God forgot, where the women are mean & the sheep are nervous.

I have heard that before, but normally it isn't to describe one's own town... usually a rival town :)

Perry Schmidt
02-11-2005, 1:48 AM
Hope I'm not late to the tailgate... :)

Born and raised in Rothschild, WI. Went to school at LaCrosse, and grad school at Madison...then moved to Texas. Been here almost 15 years. Still a Packer fan. Went to most of the Packer/Cowboy game here when the Packers came to visit - and yes I did wear my cheesehead.

Still visit back home at least twice a year. Miss the old state. Someday we may move back up there.

I COULD be kicked out of the 'cheesehead' club because I married a Viking fan. But in my defense, I STILL hate the Vikings, our kids have more Green and Gold clothing than purple, and she's REALLY cute!! :)

Perry

Jeff Sudmeier
02-11-2005, 7:33 AM
Perry, you are allowed in, for sure! Wearing a cheesehead at an away game is an automatic in.... Your only deduction is your wife, but as long as you never cheer for the Vikings, you are safe :)

Kent Cori
02-11-2005, 8:12 PM
I've now moved to and from Wisconsin three times. I spent my formative years in Green Bay (8-15) living within sight and a short walk of Lambeu Field and down the block from Bart Starr. I used to play with his kids. He and his wife Chrerry are special people. Green Bay is a special place to grow up and I still have friends there. :cool:

After a stint in Ohio, I went to my final year of high school and college in Madison. The University of Wisconsin is a terrific university. I learned so much there. In a couple of instances, I learned some of it in a classroom! :D I also met and married my wife of 31 years there during that time.

After my first job in Champaign, IL, we moved back to Waukesha for another 7 year stint. Again, it was a great place to live.

Sad to say, we are limited to visits to family and friends in Wisconsin these days. After 20 years in Florida, I think my blood has finally thinned a bit too much to go back to the Frozen Tundra. However, never say never. ;)

John Miliunas
02-11-2005, 8:20 PM
Wow Kent, you certainly DO have some Wisconsin history there!:) This is a good thing, but it's all past history. What about today? You root for the Bucks or the Pack on Sundays? :D UW Mad graduate, heh? Cool. I'm at UW Mad myself, though I just work there. Heck, if you survived that campus and the surrounding downtown area, you can survive just 'bout anywhere!:) :cool:

Kent Cori
02-11-2005, 9:06 PM
John,

I still root for only the Packers. As long as I have a pulse, that will never change. However, I do watch the Bucs and Jags for comedy relief! :D

John Miliunas
02-11-2005, 9:16 PM
John,

I still root for only the Packers. As long as I have a pulse, that will never change. However, I do watch the Bucs and Jags for comedy relief! :D
Dang, now here's a true Cheesehead! Dern-near 1300 miles away from the sacred grounds of Lambeu and still rootin' for the Pack!:D Way to go, my fellow Cheesehead! I'm honored to have made your acquaintance!:) :cool: