PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Blues

Dan Hill
05-15-2011, 8:09 AM
I set up a job this morning hoping to get a good start on the weeks orders, sent to the Laser, focused and hit start............. nothing happened!!! Beeped like the job was finished.
Thought I missed a setting so reset all the parameters and sent again........nothing.... laser received the job, just would not do anything. Shut down, waited a bit, restarted the laser, sent it the job, ran fine for the vector - 2 short cuts. Then sent the main job, started to raster and 30 seconds into print it froze up and would not move. Could this be a stepper gone bad? Head moves freely when shut down. ULS-M300-50 almost 10 years old.
Dan

Mike Null
05-15-2011, 3:06 PM
Can only suggest checking the art files again; checking the driver settings and checking your cable connections.

Anthony Welch
05-15-2011, 7:56 PM
this happens to me when I have new laser settings and forget to change the default table size.

Anthony

Mike Mackenzie
05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Dan,

Does it give you a BAD FILE Error?

Dan Hill
05-17-2011, 2:54 PM
I got that bad file error one time. Since then a fried connector was found on the z axis motor. After unplugging the cable, all the tests files ran perfect, just can't move the table now. Ordered a new z stepper motor and cable. I hope that was all the problem.