PDA

View Full Version : Steve Schlumpf is an Arteest

John Hart
05-14-2011, 8:03 AM
Just wanted to make a little announcement that Steve Schlumpf was invited....and he subsequently accepted, to be a resident artist over at Woodturners America. You can see his stuff at http://www.woodturnersamerica.org (http://www.woodturnersamerica.org/)

Congratulations Steve!!:)

Roger Chandler
05-14-2011, 8:10 AM
Yup...........he's an "R-teeest!" Congrats Steve............maybe you will be famous soon! ;)

cal thelen
05-14-2011, 8:20 AM
I have only been a member here for a few weeks and i knew he was an arteest. congrats steve

Greg Just
05-14-2011, 8:21 AM
Congrats Steve - Looking forward to meeting you next month at the AAW Symposium.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-14-2011, 8:21 AM
Congratulations Steve!

John Keeton
05-14-2011, 8:34 AM
Yup...........he's an "R-teeest!" Congrats Steve............maybe you will be famous soon! ;)Roger, he already is!!! Recognized on SMC by hundreds, if not thousands, as an accomplished turner with a unique sense of style and flair. And, on top of it all, he is a super nice fellow. Steve, this is a great group of folks to find yourself among - Keith Burns, Vaughn McMillan, Robin Costelle, Carol Valentine, Mark Cothren, Bill Neddow and Ed Koenig - an elite group!! You bring much to the table, and this is a great opportunity for you. CONGRATS!!!

Glenn Clabo
05-14-2011, 9:15 AM
Well DUH! We all knew that for a very long time. Concrats Steve!

Roland Martin
05-14-2011, 9:25 AM
Congratulations Steve! Certainly an honor well deserved.

Baxter Smith
05-14-2011, 9:37 AM
Congratulations Steve! You definitely fit right in with those other exceptional turners!

Nate Davey
05-14-2011, 9:40 AM
Congratulations Steve; a will deserved honor for sure.

David DeCristoforo
05-14-2011, 9:43 AM
That's wonderful! But we all know Steve to be an artist as well as a gracious gentleman and an inspiration to many, myself included. He may be i good company over there on Woodturners America but so are they. I hope to meet Steve one day so I can tell him in person how much I have admired his work and appreciated his encouragement.

Scott Hackler
05-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Congrats to you Steve. A well deserved honor.

Michael James
05-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Congratulations Steve! Great bullet point for the ol "about the artist" page. I like their web format too.
mj

Dick Wilson
05-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Yup...........he's an "R-teeest!" Congrats Steve............maybe you will be famous soon! ;)

Roger, Steve is already famous!!!!

charlie knighton
05-14-2011, 11:48 AM
congratulations, Steve, well deserved

Roger Chandler
05-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Roger, Steve is already famous!!!!

Dick and John K...........I guess I should have put the :rolleyes: symbol for sarcasm, because I certainly was ...................Steve is certainly famous in the wood turning world at least, so no news here! :p

Famous, nice, helpful, and as John said "an all around nice guy!" I could not agree more! :)

Ken Fitzgerald
05-14-2011, 11:57 AM
It just dawned on me....those last photos we saw of Steve wearing a baseball cap might be the last....

I see a beret in his future.:rolleyes: What do you think?:confused::D

Tim Thiebaut
05-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Wow Steve Congrats! I am very happy for you, they couldnt have picked a better person to join them!

Roger Chandler
05-14-2011, 12:00 PM
It just dawned on me....those last photos we saw of Steve wearing a baseball cap might be the last....

I see a beret in his future.:rolleyes: What do you think?:confused::D

Ken,

The temptation might be there, and he may dawn a beret once in a while, but I think Steve has his feet firmly planted on the ground, and he does not strike me as one who is pretentious in any way.........I think we are safe that he will remember his humble roots, although a meet and greet with a beret, a turtleneck sweater and a glass of wine may be in his future!;):D

Sid Matheny
05-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Congratulations Steve and I am not surprised.

Sid

Faust M. Ruggiero
05-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Great honor and well deserved. Just don't be cutting off your ear and moving to the south of France. We would miss you.
faust

bob svoboda
05-14-2011, 12:52 PM
No surprise to me, but congrat's to Steve on this well deserved recognition.

Steve Schlumpf
05-14-2011, 2:15 PM
WOW everyone! Thanks!

I am both honored and humbled by all your kind words! Honored by being asked to join the artists on Woodturners America and humbled by your overwhelming show of support! I really don't know what else to say other than Thank You All! I sincerely appreciate it!

Dan Forman
05-14-2011, 2:59 PM
Congrat's on this new honor Steve.

Dan

Bob Bergstrom
05-14-2011, 5:03 PM
Roger, he already is!!! Recognized on SMC by hundreds, if not thousands, as an accomplished turner with a unique sense of style and flair. And, on top of it all, he is a super nice fellow. Steve, this is a great group of folks to find yourself among - Keith Burns, Vaughn McMillan, Robin Costelle, Carol Valentine, Mark Cothren, Bill Neddow and Ed Koenig - an elite group!! You bring much to the table, and this is a great opportunity for you. CONGRATS!!!
How can we say it better than this. Congrats Steve. Well deserved.

Jim Burr
05-14-2011, 5:41 PM
As if there was any question! Cheers to a good guy too!

Harry Robinette
05-14-2011, 6:01 PM
Here's to you Steve, very elite group of people and it's good to see you recognized for what you have to contribute to the world of turning. You have helped allot of people grow here at the Creek and it's nice to see you getting a chance to grow on into a more professional area of the Wood Turning World.

Ed Morgano
05-14-2011, 7:37 PM
Steve,
I'm a little late getting here but I would like to add my congratulations. You are truly and artist and it's nice to get the recognition that goes along with the hard work you have done....both with your "art" and with your efforts in helping others here on the creek. Brovo!

philip labre
05-14-2011, 8:02 PM
Holy Wah!! Glad i made it up to your shop before it became a studio. Congratulations Steve and well deserved.

David E Keller
05-14-2011, 8:17 PM
Congratulations, Steve! A well deserved bit of recognition for you and your talents.

Ron Stadler
05-14-2011, 8:36 PM
Congrats Steve, well deserved, love all your work.

Mark Hazelden
05-14-2011, 9:57 PM
A little late to the party, but congratulations Steve.

Thank you for being such a good ambassador for woodturning.

Doug W Swanson
05-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Congrats Steve! Much deserved!

jwjerry w kowalski
05-15-2011, 1:04 PM
Way to go Steve, good things happen to good people.

Lionel Mercier
05-15-2011, 3:05 PM
Hello Steve,
Congratulations for the consecration, it is only fair.
My wife admires every time your finished pieces...
Friendly.

Steve Schlumpf
05-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks again everyone for all the kind words! Spent some time this weekend building my photo galleries, so at least now folks visiting the site can see some of my work! Once again, thank you! I sincerely appreciate all of your support!

Cathy Schaewe
05-16-2011, 7:02 PM
Belated congrats - you're definitely a fit!

John Hart
05-16-2011, 9:14 PM
Ok...since today is Steve's birthday....Here's my birthday present

http://www.woodturnersamerica.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76:steve-schlumpf-shows-at-ed-gray-gallery&catid=78:steve-schlumpf-events&Itemid=103

Happy Birthday Steve!! :)

Steve Schlumpf
05-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Wow John... don't know what else to say but Thank You! I appreciate all your time and effort it took to create the article! Looks great and I thank you for such a very special birthday gift!

Keith Burns
05-17-2011, 7:51 AM
Steve, thank you for honoring us at WTA with your presence. Besides being a great turner, your positive outlook and the energy and inspiration you bring is catching. (no pun intended).