PDA

View Full Version : Murray black no. 22 trimmer

Mike Olson
05-13-2011, 9:03 PM
A neighbor was cleaning out her parents basement and asked me if I'd be interested in Anything. The guy was mostly into photography and minor home repair stuff so I almost gave up looking when I came across a small box that I thought had a weird pizza cutter in it. The instruction sheet was there and it seems to be for trimming the edge of wood or dados. It's called a Murray black no 22 trimmer and I'm not sure if this thing would be usefull. I did some searches and only came across 3 good hits but none discussed use. Below is one of the links that has some photos.

Thoughts? I know it would be cheap so I wouldn't hesitate buying it but I don't know how usefull it would be.

Doh, link to eBay not allowed

Jim Koepke
05-13-2011, 10:26 PM
One of the auctions I found was 260760253723.

At first glance, my impression was of some kind of side rabbet plane. Then looking at a few of the other listings it dawned on me that this may be a photo trimmer or a mat trimming tool.

I have one of those "pizza wheels" from a paper cutter that was inside an engineering copier that I used to repair many years ago.

jtk

Bill Houghton
05-13-2011, 11:03 PM
A little research on the Murray-Black company turns up wallpaper trimmers that look very similar.

Wallpaper used to have an edge that had to be trimmed off before it could be hung.

The wheel cutter does not look like something that would be effective on wood.

Mike Olson
05-14-2011, 9:09 AM
Ok thanks everyone. I'll pass on that then.