PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th...

Michael James
05-13-2011, 8:24 PM
Ok, yes I've been a slacker and haven't turned anything in a while. Life's just been in the way. This weekend is blocked out for turning so I hope there are no hiccups in MY plans.

So, here I am minding my own business coming home from work and I see the mail all bundled up and a white package on the porch! Lo and behold my sis and BIL send me some prime rib and gucci chocolate cake, Cindy Drozda sent me a copy of her finial star video and Jim Burr sent me a very nice Mesquite pen.
Jim and I have a mutual friend and some wood got passed out that way, and then there was a .....long story short = I get the pen. Perhaps Jim will elaborate, but it's definitely titanium, either a cigar, or gent jr, or ??? very nicely done. Thanks Jim, thanks sis, and thanks Craft Supplies for sending me Cindys video (Cindy and I are not actually on speaking terms right now).

Oh and the neighbor's black cat roams the streets...so much for superstition, eh?

John Keeton
05-13-2011, 8:31 PM
Well, MJ, you beat the odds all around! Very nice pen, and you will enjoy the video. And, the icing on the cake was the Omaha Steak prime rib and chocolate cake!! Definitely turned the tide on lady luck today!

Mark Hazelden
05-13-2011, 8:49 PM
May all your Friday the 13ths be so good.

James Combs
05-13-2011, 9:05 PM
So MJ, when are we cooking out?:D I will PM you with my address for my invitation.;):rolleyes:

Jim Burr
05-13-2011, 9:06 PM
Steaks? DVD's? Don't I feel dismal!! MJ and I were in a swap a while back and he made a great "After work" box for me from Mahogany. We both know my mentor, Vaughn Mcmillan. When I saw Vaughn last he loaded me up with mesquite. MJ loves mesquite and he and Vaughn know each other from...uhhhh, a previous life? I wanted to send him a "Thanks" kind of something, a little full-circle thing. It's a Black Ti Jr Gent II with 4 coats of CA knocked down with 0000 CA. Hope ya like it bud...but I'd go with the roast!
I've got a black cat...my wife thought she was the queen of the joint!

Cathy Schaewe
05-13-2011, 9:06 PM
Hey, you deserve it, with everything you do for those around you -
Enjoy!

David E Keller
05-13-2011, 9:15 PM
Very cool... How about a movie night, Honey? A little prime rib, a little chocolate, and a movie... Oh wait! I've got a DVD right here... What are the odds?:D

Nice looking pen, too!

Cathy Schaewe
05-13-2011, 9:16 PM
How about a movie night, Honey?

Is there something that lil' missie should know about????? :)

David E Keller
05-13-2011, 9:19 PM

I was giving MJ a script to try on her tonight... Though I've not met him, I don't think he's my type.

Steve Schlumpf
05-13-2011, 11:11 PM
WOW! Congrats on all the goodies! You definitely had a good day! Enjoy!

Michael James
05-13-2011, 11:37 PM

I'm glad this group is keeping the FUN in dysFUNctional!

JD et al. You have an open invitation to regionally acclaimed brisket - my treat anytime you are in the area. However, I do not cater or deliver. :D
mj

Dan Forman
05-14-2011, 4:18 AM
Sounds like a good day in my book!

Dan