PDA

View Full Version : My First Corel Obstacle.

Nestor Fernandez
05-13-2011, 7:27 PM
I am trying to raster an aluminum sports bottle with the below image. The problem is that I want the text to have no fill, but it is sitting on top of the black area of the badge. If I raster with a white fill I get a light etch mark inside the letters. I have tried etching the letters alone with and without fill and the ones without fill do not come out with the slight etch marking inside. The key would be to be able to cut out the letters in the black and keep the white letters with no fill. Is this possible? I've never come across this problem and am trying everything I can to make it happen.... no luck.

Anybody out there have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nestor

Scott Shepherd
05-13-2011, 7:35 PM
Covert to curves and do some front minus back work to make it so it's no text, just one curve (or several small ones).

Nestor Fernandez
05-13-2011, 7:41 PM
That sounds painful. Do you mean I would have to circle around each letter in order to basically manually cut out the text?

Nestor Fernandez
05-13-2011, 8:02 PM
GOT IT! Trim is the command I was looking for. You highlight all the text and the background, and then you click the "Trim" button in the toolbar. This cuts out the letters in the background and then you can remove the white fill in the letters.

Hope this helps someone else besides me. It was driving me nuts!

George M. Perzel
05-14-2011, 3:50 AM
Nestor;
Make a new layer of image in Photoshop/Photopaint etc-remove white areas with magic tool-save as tiff file with transparency and import to Corel.
Best Regards;
George
Laserarts