PDA

View Full Version : Shark Guard on P66: Male Ratchet and Male Splitter Mount???

Steve H Graham
05-13-2011, 2:38 PM
I am trying to install a Shark Guard on my Powermatic 66. The guard came with a ratchet which is supposed to fit the Powermatic splitter mount. Problem: the ratchet is male, and so is the splitter mount. Can someone give me a clue here? Did I fail to order something that makes it fit?

Nelson Howe
05-13-2011, 4:15 PM
I'm not home to check mine right now, so I can't tell you exactly, but I have a shark guard on my pm 66, and love it. Looking at the installation instructions (http://www.leestyron.com/sharkpm66only.php), it looks like the male splitter mount is threaded into a female receiver. Can you back out the bolt to accept the ratchet?

Nelson

Steve H Graham
05-13-2011, 4:37 PM
I emailed Lee Styron, and he said some PM66s have a different mount. Looks like I got one of the weird ones. He said I could use the old splitter mount without the ratchet, and it works fine. Powermatic has THE worst parts site in the universe; you have to GUESS what parts they have, through a one-box form. I was not willing to fish for the right part description for the rest of the day, so I don't know if they have a different mount I can use.

The guard is great. Finally I am not terrified when I have to work with small parts or weird jigs.