PDA

View Full Version : Drift Wood Vector Art

Jiten Patel
05-12-2011, 5:14 PM
Hello folks,

Would anyone have some vector art of drift wood or aged wood or any kind. Need it to vector some names on it x25 to make a door claim, and need it to look aged with pips and cracks.

Any help you be amazing.

Duncan Crawford
05-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Hello folks,

Would anyone have some vector art of drift wood or aged wood or any kind. Need it to vector some names on it x25 to make a door claim, and need it to look aged with pips and cracks.

Any help you be amazing.

Maybe this will help-- this is a piece of driftwood from Galesville, MD nailed up in the Signpost Forest in the Yukon. I took the original photo in 2009 en route to Alaska, extracted the driftwood and cleaned off the painted lettering in Photoshop. I've attached a small jpg; I've done a vector conversion via Powertrace in CorelDraw X5, but the resulting file is 1.1 MB but I've not figured out how to shrink the cdr file to 488 KB or less to upload here. It did convert nicely when starting from a high quality jpg and selecting 'high quality image.' I'd be happy to email you the converted file, or a better jpg if you'd like to do the conversion yourself. Alternatively I can post a higher quality jpg on Picasa or Smugmug and you could download.

duncan

Duncan Crawford
05-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Hello folks,

Any help you be amazing.

Tried again, starting with a much smaller jpg. Good luck with your project :-)