PDA

View Full Version : Full Spectrum Engineering lasers

Bill Bratberg
05-12-2011, 3:43 PM
An experience or opinion on the Full Spectrum Engineering lasers?

Thanks

Douglas J Miller
05-12-2011, 5:00 PM
You bet I do. They are great.

I have only had mine for a week and a half, and I love it. Software is great. Straight from any windows software to the laser. There is a wish list of things people want added, but they'll get there in time.

I had a small problem with the RetinaEngrave card not talking to the computer, but it was due to stress from shipping. Talked to the guys at Full Spectrum and I was up and running in no time. They didn't hesitate to offer to ship new cards, but in the end I didn't need them. They answer email and the phone quickly. They even call back when they say they will.

The machine is well built, and does exactly what they say it will. This was the 40watt hobby laser, by the way. I'm still learning all the settings and all that, but it works like a charm. All in all I couldn't be happier with the laser or the company. I have a table full of stuff I've ran through it already, and everyone here is amazed at the results.

Five stars and two thumbs up from me!

Chris S Martin
05-13-2011, 9:55 PM
Hey Bill just wanted to let you know I bought the 60 watt laser and I am very happy with it. It is made by Gweike. It is shipped with a air assist pump, water pump and little exhaust fan that I dont use. I would buy another one. The only things is the 60 watt comes with lasercut 5.3 software. It might now come with there software.

mark anizan
05-13-2011, 10:57 PM
I have the 40 watt with retina engrave.It works fine after I got the alignment set It was way off when it arrived.I use it almost exclusivly for engraving names on the pens I sell at shows.I have it mounted in my trailer.I never really use it for anything else I have an Epilog thats so much faster on the bigger jobs .

James Salisbury
06-29-2011, 9:24 PM
I just got a 40W FS laser and am in the process of setting it up. I have a question for those who have one and use a fume extraction system other than venting to outside. Which make/model do you use?

Mike Null
06-30-2011, 6:31 AM
James

You might also search "venting" "exhaust systems", "filters" etc as there have been a number of posts including a plan for a home built unit by Dan Hintz. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?143725-DIY-air-filtration-unit-for-lt-200

Welcome to SMC.

Dan Hintz
06-30-2011, 6:48 AM
I've been considering coming up with plans for something a little more refined, but still (nearly?) as easy to make at home...

Dave Cav
06-30-2011, 2:18 PM
We have the Full Spectrum 60 watt Gweike at school. We've had it since last October and it's run five days a week since cutting everything from paper to 1/2" alder, and doing a lot of engraving. No major problems, just the usual setup and learning curve issues. It's over in the CAD lab and the CAD instructor was really busy so he gave a student the manual and told him to get busy. He (the student) had it running the next day. I am thinking of getting one of their 40 watt models for my personal use.

Troy Shaffer
06-30-2011, 2:36 PM
Had my 40watt for about a month. Works great on wood and near photo quality on absolute black granite although dosent seem to ingrave the indian premium black granite as well. Maybe just a setting issue. I engraved the indian at 15ma and its ok but great image at 10ma on the absolute.