PDA

View Full Version : Thanks John Keeton!

Kathy Marshall
05-12-2011, 2:53 AM
Came home from work yesterday to a large priority box on the porch :D (courtesy of John Keeton).
Didn't have time to take pics last night, had some chainsaw work to get done (in another post).
The box was loaded with goodies and you've never seen a better, neater packing job!
Theres a nice piece of ambrosia maple, some curly maple blocks, a piece of mahogany, a little block of redwood burl, a little slab of cherry and another piece that I can't remember the name of (the really dark one), whatever it is, it's cool, very pretty wood!

Thanks John! Creekers are the Best!

Dan Forman
05-12-2011, 4:05 AM
Wow! What goes around comes around. Have fun with those.

Dan

John Hart
05-12-2011, 5:29 AM
Those blanks look very clean. :)

Congratulations Kathy!

Donny Lawson
05-12-2011, 6:33 AM
Looks like some nice turnings there. Have fun.

John Keeton
05-12-2011, 6:49 AM
Those blanks look very clean. :)

Congratulations Kathy!John, I always give my wood the very best detailing!!:cool: Can't have dirty wood in a clean shop - what message would that send!?!?

Kathy, hope you can use some of those small pieces. I felt bad that I didn't have a large enough piece of the ambrosia to fill the box.

Steve Schlumpf
05-12-2011, 7:32 AM
Congrats Kathy! Looks like you now have some beautiful options for your next turning!

You done good John!

Bernie Weishapl
05-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Congrats Kathy. You have some nice woods and lots of options.

Jon Nuckles
05-12-2011, 1:35 PM
Kathy,

Did you get any packing peanuts in the box? Word is that JK values those more than wood! Congrats to you and kudos to John on the gift.

Don Alexander
05-12-2011, 2:20 PM
could it be that the unidentified dark piece is actually Claro Walnut? does JK willingly part with that stuff? :D

Kathy Marshall
05-12-2011, 4:59 PM
Thanks guys! Nothing beats a gift of wood!

John, I always give my wood the very best detailing!!:cool: Can't have dirty wood in a clean shop - what message would that send!?!?

Kathy, hope you can use some of those small pieces. I felt bad that I didn't have a large enough piece of the ambrosia to fill the box.

I'm sure I'll be able to find a use for all of them and no reason to feel bad, it's a very nice piece of ambrosia and I'm sure I'll enjoy "turning" it into something special.

Kathy,

Did you get any packing peanuts in the box? Word is that JK values those more than wood! Congrats to you and kudos to John on the gift.

As a matter of fact there were peanuts in the box (which scattered to the four winds when I opened the box and a big gust of wind blew in lol)

could it be that the unidentified dark piece is actually Claro Walnut? does JK willingly part with that stuff? :D

I don't think it's claro, at least that's not what was written on it, but whatever it is, it's very nice!

Cathy Schaewe
05-13-2011, 9:15 PM
Very nice, John - enjoy it, Kathy!