PDA

View Full Version : Laser Lost Power

bennie hughes
05-10-2011, 12:39 PM
I recently purchased a Rabbit 80 1290 laser. I got it all set up and aligned the mirrors and it worked fine for about a week and a half. Then it started loosing power and would barely engrace much less cut through 3/16" birch plywood. I have previously been able to engrave and cut acrylic and same plywood.

I tried to check the mirror alignment and had to press the LASER button 15 time to even get a slight mark on the tape.

I am suspecting that the laser tube is going bad or I have a bad laser power supply.

I have reinstalled the LaserCut software and the problem is still there.

When I bought the unit I opted out of delivery, set up and training since I have done this before. I spoke to the distributor and they now want me to pay upwards of $1,000 for them to come down and diagnose the problem.

Does anyone out there have any suggestion or solutions?

Dan Hintz
05-10-2011, 1:57 PM
For that price, you could purchase a new power supply and tube.

Myk Rian
05-10-2011, 9:48 PM
When I bought the unit I opted out of delivery, set up and training since I have done this before. I spoke to the distributor and they now want me to pay upwards of $1,000 for them to come down and diagnose the problem.

Does anyone out there have any suggestion or solutions?
Isn't there a warranty?
$1,000 sounds like not much customer support after the sale.

Rich Neighbarger
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Warranty of merchantability. I would suggest everyone that doesn't know what that is, to look it up. It might just save you some time, money, and headaches. Also, look into the consumer protection laws for your state.

Dan Hintz
05-11-2011, 1:53 PM
Warranty of merchantability.
It worked, and then it broke... it didn't fail straight out of the box. WoM won't hold up unless your lawyer is realllllly good.