PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Clewes Demo

Michael Ginsberg
05-10-2011, 11:39 AM
The other day I had the pleasure of attending a full day demo with Jimmy. We had a small turnout because it was Mother's Day. With only having thirty people attending, the demo was very personalized. Jimmy covered a lot of ground. He created a small lidded box with sterling wire, a dyed platter, and a winged lidded box. It was GREAT!! If any of have not had the opportunity to see him, you owe it to yourself to attend if you are able!!

Michael

David E Keller
05-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Sounds like a great deal. If you get a chance, take the course at his house as well... Vegas and woodturning is hard to beat.

Russell Eaton
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM
He is going to be in Atlanta in a couple of weeks. I signed up for a 1 day hands on class. I am looking forward to it. We are doing a lidded box with inlay and a bowl with inlay as well. Should be fun, I KNOW it will be better than work. :)

Michael Ginsberg
05-10-2011, 12:24 PM
David,
I mentioned the Las Vegas thing to my wife.... I got "the look" If you are married, you know "the look".
Needless to say... it aint' happening anytime in the near future.

Chip Sutherland
05-10-2011, 3:29 PM
I did a week with Jimmy at Canyon Studios north of Dallas several years ago. Really enjoyed the time. He does very well with newbies to advanced skill sets in the same class.

Kyle Iwamoto
05-10-2011, 5:13 PM
David,
I mentioned the Las Vegas thing to my wife.... I got "the look" If you are married, you know "the look".

Did you ask her to come along? Perhaps that would help..... You (both of you) could take in some shows. My wife would go. But then, I'd have to ask permission to go to take lessons.:o

Jimmy is a great teacher and demonstrator. He's also a great guy. I'd see him again if I had the chance.

Jeff Nicol
05-10-2011, 5:17 PM
Michael, I am jealous, I love his videos and his presentations are great. He seems like a very down to earth guy and I hope to someday get to meet him and spend some time turning in his presence! I better start making some more tools to save up some money to do some of those things!

Some guys have all the luck!

Jeff

David E Keller
05-10-2011, 5:20 PM
David,

Oh yeah, I know the look. My wife went with me, and she had a blast. She even came over to Jimmy's house the last part of the last day... Jimmy and Mary couldn't have been more gracious hosts. My wife was 'extremely' pregnant at the time, and I think Jimmy was a little concerned that we would deliver at his house.:eek:

You've got to sell it... Shopping, dining, spa, etc. The turning thing is secondary(as far as she knows;)).

Michael Ginsberg
05-10-2011, 5:28 PM
Guys,
The Mrs. has no interest in turning or Vegas.... NOT Happening (sad to say).

Steve Schlumpf
05-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Michael - glad you got to attend Jimmy's demo! Closest thing we get to a live demo in the U.P. are DVDs! As far as the Vegas trip... if you start whining now, in just a few short months your wife would love to have you out of the house! Just a thought...

Scott Hackler
05-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Shoot, I would be afraid to meantion going to Las Vegas. We aren't big gamblers, but enjoy experiencing Las Vegas and that would be a cool thing to do as well.

hmmmmm....... Allegiant Air flys from Wichita to Las Vegas for something around $80 each way....non-stop......hmmmmm