PDA

View Full Version : wood i got from the storm

brian watts
05-09-2011, 10:59 PM
cedar, dogwood,persimmion. and a few pic of the aftermath. it was so sad to see what was done. iam going back sat. to help out again for a day. just wish more turners would go and help and take the wood instead of beening dump in a pile and mulch up

Bernie Weishapl
05-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Brian hate to see the destruction but glad you could keep some of the wood out of the landfill or being made into pulp. Wish I was closer.

John Hart
05-10-2011, 6:42 AM
Man....It's hard to get excited about turning blanks with that backdrop I bet. Incredible.

Donny Lawson
05-10-2011, 6:46 AM
Brian, looks like you ended up with a nice amount of cedar and other wood. I've got all my wood cut up and sealed. I'm getting ready to start on a bowl for the homeowner. Good luck with your wood and hope you can get back up there and save a little more.
Donny

Chip Sutherland
05-10-2011, 3:40 PM
Sorry, I don't live in Forsyth Co, GA anymore or I'd be out there helping out, cutting and hauling.

Jeff Nicol
05-10-2011, 5:23 PM
Brian, It is so incredible to see all the devastation from mother nature, my heart goes out to all who lost so much. It is hard to see it all but it is good to see that some of the wood will be used and not just mulched up. We had a few trees go down here and there this last weekend as some heavy thunder storms came through with high winds and some hail, so I suspect there will be some adds on craigslist prettysoon, but nothing like what you all went through!

Nice haul and more prayers for the loss,

Jeff

David E Keller
05-10-2011, 5:25 PM
Congrats on the wood haul, but I'm sorry that it came in the manner it did... It's amazing how fast those storms can alter the landscape. Good on you and Donny for making lemonade(When life gives you lemons...).

Lee Chadwick
05-10-2011, 7:34 PM
If I can get my chainsaw cranked up, I would love to get up there or down to Tuscaloosa and lend a hand