PDA

View Full Version : 2 computer problems , asking for help

Craig D Peltier
05-08-2011, 8:17 PM
Hi I have a PC problem that is new to me.
1) When I get emails in yahoo and the pic is embedded ( i think thats what its called) , you dont have to click download it just shows up. I right click and hit save image but it only can save it as a HTML file and no longer a JPEG which it has always done. Copying the image doesnt work either.

2) My dads PC had a virus. Geek Squad relative ( cousin) removed it. My dad got a new email program as well through him. Smartzone by comcast I think it is. Anyhow his point and shoot camera is no longer recognized when plugging it into the USB. Its make the noise couple of beeps , but it never says driver is being installed and its ready to use. It also doesnt show up in his my computer. Its a Panasonic Lumix, his Canon Powershot works fine, its recognized by PC. I went on Panasonics website and theres no driver to download cause the new windows does it automatically.He has rebooted PC , reinstalled the hardware for camera as well.

Any ideas???

Craig D Peltier
05-08-2011, 9:24 PM
On problem 1 im running Firefox browser. Maybe IE is different.

Greg Portland
05-09-2011, 7:09 PM
1) I'm not familiar with that e-mail client but this might help: http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/cg/mail/cg_attachments4.html
2) I'm not sure how an e-mail client would screw up a camera's drivers. There are ways to revert to previous states with WinXP O/S's and later but that will require the cousin to visit again. I would recommend not connecting the camera itself. Try plugging in the memory card into the computer (or plug the card into the Powershot and read it through that). If you don't have a card reader they can be purchased cheaply through newegg.com or amazon.com (little box with a USB cable).

Curt Harms
05-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Absolutely on the card reader. Why run camera batteries down unnecessarily?. If you find a deal on SDHC cards they can be used in conjunction with a card reader just like a USB memory stick.