PDA

View Full Version : Successful Mothers Day

Brian Kent
05-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Well, so far so good.

I started out Mother's Day with a complimentary breakfast in bed for my wife. I gave her a bowl of cereal and said "Hey, are you losing weight?" I figured that would be the best compliment.

Then I showed her the 2 presents, one following the idea of another creeker.

First, I had the vacuum fixed so she can keep the place a little cleaner. She's always complaining about the mess and I know how much I love to get tools to solve problems, so I figure it was just what she needed.

Second (and this is the idea I got from another Sawmill Creek thread.) I got her a brand new Echo String Trimmer! I got a commercial one because they have a little bigger engine and don't have to be used at full power. That way it won't wake me up from my nap. Win, win - I figure.

As a special act of kindness she let me use her vacuum on the whole house this morning, and then let me borrow her mop for kitchen floor. I love sharing.

Apparently I get to build that shed I have been dreaming about because she told me to stick the trimmer where the sun don't shine.

So now I am off to church and everyone is in the Mother's Day spirit. I am letting her come to the late service because she has to do the dishes before Mother's Day lunch. (I sure hope she doesn't get anything on the floor because I just mopped it.)

At church we will honor moms. Since I am a guy, I forgot about getting gifts for moms, so I figure our heart felt applause is all they really ask for.

We will celebrate the mom with the cutest kids, the mom with the smartest kids, most adorable mom, youngest mom out of wedlock, etc.

The biggest surprise will come at lunch today. When I serve the lunch, I will hand my wife exactly what she asked for - Four Carrots in a diamond pattern in a little white box. I don't know why she wants that, but hey, I'll get her anything she wants.

She's a great wife. I think I'll keep her around for another year!

Brian

Ken Fitzgerald
05-08-2011, 10:57 AM
It's been nice knowing you Brian. I will attend your funeral.

JohnT Fitzgerald
05-08-2011, 11:09 AM
I look forward to seeing your picture on the side of a milk carton.....

Kent A Bathurst
05-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah - been nice Mr kent.

Along the same lines - John Kass writes a column for the Chi Trib. I think he's great - I think of him as the attack-dog heir to the legendary Mike Royko. Plus, he can be pretty darn funny at times.

His column today on Mother's Day is classic:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-met-kass-0508-20110508,0,7167488.column

Rick Potter
05-08-2011, 3:01 PM
Brian Kent....an average of .24 seconds away from bachelor status.

Rick Potter

David G Baker
05-08-2011, 5:26 PM
Brian,
Where do we send flowers and what time is the viewing?

Steve Costa
05-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Brian,

I think you have a great sense of humor & a terrific way with words. Haven't had such a good chuckle in a long time.

Spent my day in the shop as the LOML was in CA with our son.

Steve

Jim Rimmer
05-09-2011, 2:03 PM
Brian, you should be able to read her thank you card in a few days. As soon as the swelling goes down.