PDA

View Full Version : Run For The Roses Today

Keith Outten
05-07-2011, 9:00 AM
You just have to love the Kentucky Derby even if you aren't a big horse racing fan. To all of you folks from Kentucky let me gloat about a horse from Virginia :)

Secretariat also know as "Big Red" was a Triple Crown winner you may have heard of.....gloat off :)

Joe Angrisani
05-07-2011, 9:05 AM
And the owner was from Colorado..... :)

Kent A Bathurst
05-07-2011, 10:46 AM
And after he retired, all his "girlfriends" visited him in Kentucky.

Gary Hodgin
05-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Actually, I not much of a horse racing fan, but I'm planning to run for the roses today too. HD has a buy 2 get 1 free deal on roses and my wife wants a few more knock-outs. Good luck on the VA horse.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-07-2011, 10:54 AM
My father died in August of 1972. He was a big time horse racing fan. He had the racing forms delivered to our home in Illinois...daily.

He had one chest of drawers full old racing forms and notebooks where he tracked horses, trainers, jockeys, owners and bet accordingly.

I am not a gambler but out of respect, and rememberance, I try to watch the Triple Crown races each year and I think of my Dad.

I miss him still.

Mike Null
05-07-2011, 11:13 AM
My dad, who passed on 52 years ago, was also a big racing fan and bettor. So much so he was addicted--he would frequently go to two tracks in one day--runners in the day and sulkies at night. He would drive to a newsstand in Dayton to pick up his racing form on days when he couldn't make it to the track. It was his only vice but he had it bad.

I was at the Derby twice, first time when the filly won. It is truly a spectacle.

Jim Heikes
05-07-2011, 5:21 PM
GO MUCHO MACHO MAN..................I only follow the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont just wondering if there will ever be another Triple Crown winner in my lifetime. I've been disappointed several times over the past few years.