PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to me!!

Shawn Swafford
02-04-2005, 3:02 PM
Well, the man in the big brown truck stopped off at my house with a package. I opened it up and fell in love! It is a beautiful little Lie Nielsen low angle block plane. It also just happens to be my birthday. Happy birthday to me :D . Happy birthday to me :D . I'm singing but thankfully you don't have to hear it:) .

Jeff Sudmeier
02-04-2005, 3:07 PM
Shawn, happy birthday to you! What a great gift. Hope you enjoy your birthday!

Tyler Howell
02-04-2005, 3:21 PM
That is one Sweet plane. I had know idea one could cut so well. HBD To You!

Mark Singer
02-04-2005, 8:51 PM
Happy Birthday! Beautiful plane....I just got the same one!

Shawn Swafford
02-04-2005, 9:58 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had no idea how nice these planes were until I got one in my hand. Mark, I hope you are as pleased with yours as I am with mine.

John Dingman
02-05-2005, 9:47 AM
Shawn,

Happy Birthday Buddy! That is a very nice birthday present! That plane is on my short list (my very short list) of things that I'd like to get. btw, The chisels arrived yesterday in perfect shape. I sent you a pm.

Thanks again,
John

Jim Becker
02-05-2005, 10:13 AM
That's certainly better than counting the candles you just blew out! Congratulations on the birthday AND the new plane. It's a beauty...and I mean the plane. :D

Shawn Swafford
02-05-2005, 1:20 PM
Thanks, guys! John, glad they showed up in good shape. Enjoy them!! I sent you a pm.

Shawn

Mike Holbrook
02-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Nice plane!

I went a notch lower with the Lee Valley low-angle block plane. I got the front and rear attachment knobs though and ended up spending almost as much. I love the feel of the small plane with the ball & tail knobs. I will be going to work on the blade on my water wheel tomorrow. Happy birthday!