PDA

View Full Version : Jet Micro Glide Precision Fence

Mike OMelia
05-06-2011, 11:44 AM
OK, now that I am doing a lot of precise cutting with my table saw, I am noticing things. My fence will not stay square with the table (and blade). I set up everything, then as I press down on the clamping lever, the left side (the one with the roller on it) pulls in and the end of the fence movesabout 1/8" to the right. I've looked at the fence and mechanism, but can't find any adjustments (just some black plastic glide pads). I measured all the faces of the mechanism with respect to a common plane, and nothing is out of square, etc. So, does anybody know how to deal with this?

Thanks,

Mike

Neil Brooks
05-06-2011, 11:54 AM
You want the BAD news ?

Another Creeker ... seemed to have similar issues with his:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?45356-Jet-Micro-Glide-fence

Is there an adjustment knob, to increase its clamping pressure when it's locked down ?

If not .... you may simply have a lousy product on your hands :(

Chris Parks
05-06-2011, 8:57 PM
I have the same issue on a non Jet fence, it always moves as the clamp is finally locked and I have spent a lot of hours trying to find out why so it is not only Jet. I bet a lot of fences do it with anyone noticing though I know mine has developed the problem as it didn't used to move. I am wondering if the clamp on the bolt (pivot) slightly but I just can't see how wear would develop in this application. The bolt is not bent as I have already checked that. I have given serious consideration to buying a new fence but I am stubborn and I know that I should be able to fix it but need to find out how.

Mike OMelia
05-06-2011, 11:13 PM
I finally figured it out. It's not THAT lousy of a fence, though I will upgrade one day. There are 4 bolts on top of the extruded fence that attach to the clamp. You loosen them. Align to a feature such as a t slot, then retighten (while clamp is engaged). Worked perfectly. All is well again in my shop,

Mike

Bob Wingard
05-06-2011, 11:59 PM
you're ALMOST local to me ... if you're interested, I have a new-in-the-box Biesemeyer 36-B30 fence/table/legs available for $225.00