PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Las Vegas....

JohnT Fitzgerald
05-05-2011, 5:32 PM
Anything related to WW'ing that might be interesting? I'll be there most of next week, with not a lot of free time - but maybe an afternoon or morning for the right place to visit

Pat Germain
05-05-2011, 6:54 PM
I'm not aware of anything woodworking related in Las Vegas.

Off topic, but it might be interest to you: Not far from The Strip is the "Pinball Hall of Fame". It's basically a steel building across the street from the defunct Liberace Museum. Inside are over a hundred pinball machines going back from the 1950's to modern machines. You can play all of them for 25 or 50 cents a game. My kids and I had a blast there! And pinball machines are much cheaper than slot machines. ;)

Joe Pelonio
05-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I was there a couple of weeks ago and didn't see anything interesting related to woodworking, but I did make a really cool hike/climb at Red Rock canyon. Worth taking a couple of hours for.

Jim Heikes
05-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Take a walk over to Birch St and say hi to Jimmy Clewes...........

Matt Meiser
05-06-2011, 8:30 AM
I won enough to buy my Domino on the penny slots at Slots of Fun. You are 2 months too early for AWFS. Red Rock Canyon is great as is Hoover Dam.

Jay Runde
05-06-2011, 2:45 PM
There really isn't much here in Las Vegas woodworking related. There is one woodworking store, WoodWorkers Emporium, and a couple of hardwood lumber suppliers, McKillican's and Peterman lumber.

If you like Red Rock Canyon, there is also the Valley of Fire State Park about an hour north of Las Vegas in I-15.

JohnT Fitzgerald
05-06-2011, 5:47 PM
Thanks everyone. Hoover Dam is on my list if I can clear that much time.....otherwise that pinball museum sounds pretty cool!!!!

Pat Germain
05-06-2011, 6:52 PM
Thanks everyone. Hoover Dam is on my list if I can clear that much time.....otherwise that pinball museum sounds pretty cool!!!!

Hey, I'm glad that interests you, John. For me, visiting this place was quite nostalgic. My brother and I played a lot of pinball as we were growing up. Almost every machine we had ever played was there. And they all work! Again, it's not fancy. It's just a building full of pinball machines. But for me, that's just coo-al!

James Patrick
05-13-2011, 4:28 PM
The only time I went to Vegas was to celebrate my 21st birthday. This was well before I got into woodworking, so I don't recall anything of that sort there. It's still a fun place to visit though. I hope you enjoy it.