PDA

View Full Version : Engravelab problem

Neil Pabia
05-05-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm sure I am just missing a step here and maybe someone can smack me and wake me up to it. I am trying to print a photo using Engravelab 7 and I convert the photo to grayscale, then transform it to the material I am using, I hit file, print and it goes to my laser, then I hit go and it beeps and says done without printing anything. Anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong? This is a time sensitive project and I am at a loss here.
Thanks

Real Mercier
05-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Neil:

When this happened to me, I found that the Epilog driver was set for vector only. Make sure the Epilog driver is set for Raster or combined (if there is some vector work).

Hope this helps.

Real

Neil Pabia
05-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi Real, there is no vector work involved in this photo, I found that an old photo I saved is printing just fine so I have to believe I missed something.

I tried changing the settings to combination and still the same results.

Neil Pabia
05-05-2011, 1:08 PM
Real, any chance that it just won't allow me to print a certain size? I'm trying to print a 24x18 picture. Maybe I am just going out of their parameters?

I think I have found the problem, it will allow me to print the picture unless I have it turned 90 degrees and then it won't work. Strange.

Chuck Stone
05-05-2011, 1:09 PM
But is your current file set to vector? (I think it is in the printer settings)
We all know there's no vector.. does your printer know?

And yes,. if you're out of the allowable range, it won't print. I've done that one, too.
There's room on my table, so I figured i could use it. Not so..
Try reducing it a small amount and see if it prints .. say by 1/4"?
You can leave the cover open to run the file without firing on the material, right?

Real Mercier
05-05-2011, 1:11 PM
I don't have engravelab so I can't help you with that, but one othe rtime that happened to me was I had layers in my artwork. Some layers were blank. If I remeber correctly the layers were sent as separate jobs on the laser. The last layer was blank, hence the immediate done beep.

Real

Real Mercier
05-05-2011, 1:26 PM
Neil:

It sounds like you didn't set the page size in the epilog driver. They must match. If your file is 12 x 24 but epilog driver defaults to 8.50 x 11, it will not print anything outside the 8.50 x 11.

Sendin a PM

Real