PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Kathy Marshall, for adding to a great day...

John Keeton
05-05-2011, 7:06 AM
Came home yesterday to find THREE boxes on the front porch! Two of them were expected - another order from Mike Smith (way too many of those!!!), but the third box was a complete surprise. Kathy Marshall sent me a wonderful (and dry!!) chunk of mesquite. It barely, and I mean barely, fit in a large flat rate box. In fact, I was kind of glad to see how she shipped it, because I didn't think the USPS would let you use a flat rate box with the flaps gapped open!!

Thanks, Kathy!! Creekers are fantastic folks!

Kathy's piece is the front piece, followed by a very large (16-17") piece of Ambrosia burl on the right, and a similar Ambrosia burl cap on the left. The stack of smaller stuff is persimmon for doing some thread chasing when I find time, and the two 6x6x9-10 blocks are Claro walnut. Couple of BLM burls thrown in at the back.

Our club has also been given a very large (3' diameter) cherry tree to harvest, so I will end up with some of that, as well. I am running out of room!!

Roger Chandler
05-05-2011, 7:17 AM
Nice selection of wood there John...........looks like you have a nice problem on your hands..............now you have got to get that Jet revved up for sure.

Nice gesture on Kathy's part! I will be interested in what project you select for that mesquite.........It looks like it holds a lot of possibilities.

Gary Max
05-05-2011, 7:45 AM
Oh no John---------You will get sawdust all over your shop what are you thinking of. Send them to me and save yourself all that mess.-------:)
Nice haul.

Tim Thiebaut
05-05-2011, 7:46 AM
That was very nice of you Kathy! Great looking pile of wood you have there John, please let me know how that persimmon takes threads.

Keith E Byrd
05-05-2011, 7:50 AM
SOme good looking wood - looking forward to seeing what they produce in such a clean shop!

David E Keller
05-05-2011, 8:35 AM
Looks like a nice haul, and good on Kathy for sharing! Do you just have a monthly draft from checking set up with Mike?

Dick Wilson
05-05-2011, 8:50 AM
Came home yesterday to find THREE boxes on the front porch! Two of them were expected - another order from Mike Smith (way too many of those!!!), but the third box was a complete surprise. Kathy Marshall sent me a wonderful (and dry!!) chunk of mesquite. It barely, and I mean barely, fit in a large flat rate box. In fact, I was kind of glad to see how she shipped it, because I didn't think the USPS would let you use a flat rate box with the flaps gapped open!!

Thanks, Kathy!! Creekers are fantastic folks!

Kathy's piece is the front piece, followed by a very large (16-17") piece of Ambrosia burl on the right, and a similar Ambrosia burl cap on the left. The stack of smaller stuff is persimmon for doing some thread chasing when I find time, and the two 6x6x9-10 blocks are Claro walnut. Couple of BLM burls thrown in at the back.

Our club has also been given a very large (3' diameter) cherry tree to harvest, so I will end up with some of that, as well. I am running out of room!!

Ohhhhh Nooooo!!!! You are going to have to turn your lathe on and get your floor messy:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: This is going to be a terrible time for you John, but keep a stiff upper lip, you will survive.:D

Dick Wilson
05-05-2011, 8:59 AM
I read all these posts about people getting surprise packages left on their door step.....what the.....it has never happened to me.:mad::mad::mad::mad: I must be chopped liver.:(:(:(

Hey Kathy, Got any of that left. I will give you my address:):)

No wait!!!! I am just having some fun on a Thursday morning before I head to the shop.
I too have no place for any more wood. Keith B. can personally vouch to that. Besides that, a friend just brought me two veneer logs that I can't wait to get at.

John, enjoy turning Kathy's thoughtful gift. Your are right, that is an example of why Creekers are such great people.

Steve Schlumpf
05-05-2011, 9:42 AM
Congrats John! Looks like you have quite the selection! Very nice of Kathy to send you the Mesquite! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!

Bernie Weishapl
05-05-2011, 9:46 AM
Congrats John on some fine looking wood. Claro Walnut from Mike Smith. Surely not!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:;):rolleyes: That mesquite looks like some fine stuff. Can't wait to see what is turned from it. Love turning mesquite for sure.

Dan Hintz
05-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Man, how do I get on that mailing list?! :) You can spam me all day with stuff like that!

Baxter Smith
05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Good looking wood! Nice of Kathy to send you another choice! I wouldn't know where to begin.

John Hart
05-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Another fine gesture Kathy....you are one of the good guys (no gender intended)

You best do them up proud Mr Keeton. No more slackin'. We gots our eye on you.:cool:

David DeCristoforo
05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
"I am running out of room!!"

Awww... Yer breakin' out hearts here, John! You are just going to have to bite the bullet and build another barn...

Roger Chandler
05-05-2011, 1:09 PM
"I am running out of room!!"

Awww... Yer breakin' out hearts here, John! You are just going to have to bite the bullet and build another barn...

Poor 'ole John K. He has a shop the size of Montana, and he complains it is full of wood!

Sheessh!

Dan Forman
05-05-2011, 2:24 PM
Kathy appears to have nothing better to do that run around and send us wood, yet she still still cranks out all of those gorgeous pieces - a very generous soul. Don't know how she does it. Looks like you have enough to keep you occupied for a while.

Dan

Kathy Marshall
05-06-2011, 2:56 AM
You're Welcome John!
Looking toward to seeing what you make of it.

Its fun to send a little surprise package to someone that's not expecting it. It may be a few weeks, but I'm sure one or more someone elses will find a surprise waiting at their door :o