PDA

View Full Version : various craigslist score, Possibly.

keith micinski
05-04-2011, 6:57 PM
I have been wanting a draw knife for months now so I could finish some legs I made for a tv stand and I found one on Craigslist finally for 10 bucks. He also had a few other things so I bought them all for 60 bucks. I probably over paid but I haven't been finding to many hand tools on Craigslist so I thought what the heck. I am having a hard time dating the #4 plane because it doesn't match the flow chart that I am seeing but that will be a different thread. The wooden plane is an Ohio tool works plane and I don't know what I would do with it but it seems cool to have a wooden plane.

Jim Koepke
05-04-2011, 8:20 PM
IMO, not a bad deal.

jtk

Steve Branam
05-04-2011, 9:04 PM
That's a good deal! The drawknife looks very nice. The wooden plane looks like it could clean up as a nice jointer; wooden planes take a little more fidgeting to learn how to use, but work perfectly fine once you have it down.

Patrick Tipton
05-04-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't think you overpaid. That drawknife looks to be in excellent condition and shouldn't take much work to make it razor sharp. You would have spent a lot more than $60 to buy a new drawknife of the same quality.

Clean up the planes and use them. That Ohio Tool Works jointer is a sweet user once clean and sharp.

Congrats!

Patrick

Andrew Yang
05-05-2011, 2:07 PM
Holy colors on that block plane!

Niels Cosman
05-05-2011, 4:19 PM
That drawknife looks prreeety nice. Nice score

keith micinski
05-05-2011, 5:53 PM
YA the kicker is I only wanted the draw knife and could have gotten it for 10 dollars but I just wanted that other stuff. THe only reason I bought that block plane is the colors. I heard it was the worst plane Stanley ever made but I think it looks cool.

Mark Baldwin III
05-05-2011, 7:05 PM
Nice score. I haven't found a woodie of that size yet that isn't a total wreck.

john brenton
05-06-2011, 9:36 AM
I have that block plane. It was given to me brand new. The sole is textured, and the mouth is just a massive gaping chasm.

Holy colors on that block plane!

Andrew Yang
05-06-2011, 10:41 AM
I think there was a coordinating smoother on eBay the other day. I think it was mustard and red.

john brenton
05-06-2011, 1:28 PM
Maybe they were trying to reach the German market...the krauts seem to like that kind of thing. (No offense to the krauts.)

I think there was a coordinating smoother on eBay the other day. I think it was mustard and red.