PDA

View Full Version : G1023RL fence

Lynn Reid
05-03-2011, 4:38 PM
Hi...I got the Shop Fox Classic fence with my new saw...is it normal not to have an adjustment screw for the vertical plane? There are holes there...but the are not threaded. I checked it with a metal square and it looked really close...but I havent checked it with the TS Aligner Jr. yet. I guess I could tap it...but I am wondering it it comes this way. The throat plate is a little shy of 1/2"...I was hoping for 1/2" so I could use MDF. What do you guys use for ZCI? Thanks!

Lynn

Cary Falk
05-03-2011, 6:43 PM
The throat plate is a little shy of 1/2"...I was hoping for 1/2" so I could use MDF. What do you guys use for ZCI? Thanks!

Lynn

I use 3/4" baltic birtch plywood. I route down the back side where it makes contact with the table. I also have some phenolic ones from Rockler and Grizzly.

Dick Brown
05-03-2011, 10:49 PM
If you look on the bottom side where the holes that you speak of, that is the uhmw or what ever slides. If you need to adjust for vertical faces on the fence, which I doubt that you will if mine is an indicator, shim the faces out on the backside with masking tape, top or bottom to get them plumb. As for throat plates, have used plywood, corian, laminate coverd hardboard, plastic cutting boards, and maybe other??? stuff. All work well but some last a lot longer than others. Just trim the underside to get the top flush or if to low, put adjusting screws, or on one of my saws now, I have a laminate covered chipboard one with a layer or two of masking tape to bring it flush. One of the real joys of woodworking is being creative and making what you have at hand do the job you need done and do it well. Good luck.