PDA

View Full Version : Radial Arm saw gloat

Timothy Wolf
05-03-2011, 2:28 PM
GR-56 Dewalt

The saw looks a little rough in the pictures because it is outside, but it is actually in amazing shape, the bearings and and guide rails are smooth, The thing weights a ton and today I get to begin the fun part of stripping all the paint and surface rust off of it. I haven't decided what color to make it, I dont like the green yellow speckled paint from other Dewalt saws in this time period and I was thinking maybe an off white to blend in with my Jet shop tools (I will be adding an 18" Jet band saw soon), but was also thinking about maybe going with Black and Yellow and apply the current Dewalt color scheme to it. any suggestions? BTW I paid $100.

Neil Brooks
05-03-2011, 2:40 PM
Good job !

I saw the ad for this one.

I THOUGHT it said the cat was NOT included :confused:

Enjoy. Looks like a monster saw :)

Brian Brightwell
05-03-2011, 7:17 PM
I would paint it black with yellow trim. I bought an old Dewalt RAS last year. 16 inch, I forget the model. 3phase. 5HP.
Is that snow in the background?

Timothy Wolf
05-03-2011, 8:14 PM
Neil - It is a monster saw and might be too big for my shop. But I'll see if I can't make some space. And I left the cat on the side of the road due to my allergies (jk)

Brian - Yes it is snow on the ground but the picture came from the seller not me, the snow was long gone by the time I picked it up today. As for color My wife is telling me Yellow and black as well, but I'm leaning towards the off white, someone on SMC did a white one not too long ago and it looked amazing.