PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Creekers(or something more)

mickey cassiba
05-02-2011, 4:17 PM
I suspect that at least two regulars here, and quite possibly more are actually agents of the spinny force. As you all may know, I've been sidling around the edge of the Vortex for quite some time...just about as long as I've been a member.
I finally pulled the trigger on a chuck, only to recieve the dreaded 'Backorder' message.
Then things went to h*** in a handbasket, and tool money faded away.
Well two of you MIBs whose initials are John Keeton, and Bob Noles, conspired to push me over the edge and into the abyss!
Here is a picture of the stick they used to push me in:193496
I only hope that I can get some time to get after it soon...I've got a couple of chunks of wood that have something hiding inside them. I just have to figure out what it is.

I just have to say, that finding my way to the creek has been one of the best journeys I've made. You all are super!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-02-2011, 4:27 PM
Congratulations Mickey! Take care of Charlottte first....then use that new tool!

BTW.....John and Bob are some of the nice guys here!

Bill Wyko
05-02-2011, 4:30 PM
As I've said before, remember to visit family and friends once in a while. It helps if you turn them a gift to apologize for your absence.:eek: Nice score on the chuck.

Steve Schlumpf
05-02-2011, 4:30 PM
Congrats Mickey! Sure looks like this week is starting off better than last week! Must be a sign!

mickey cassiba
05-02-2011, 4:44 PM
Congrats Mickey! Sure looks like this week is starting off better than last week! Must be a sign!
It surely is Steve!

Tim Thiebaut
05-02-2011, 6:56 PM
Congrats Mickey

Roger Chandler
05-02-2011, 6:59 PM
some people on this forum just have soooooo much class!!! A very nice and kindhearted thing to do.........enjoy it Mickey!

David DeCristoforo
05-02-2011, 7:25 PM
Sweet. Sneaky creekers are much better than creaky sneakers...

Ken Fitzgerald
05-02-2011, 7:34 PM
Sweet. Sneaky creekers are much better than creaky sneakers...
and much better than sweaty sneakers........

Dick Wilson
05-02-2011, 7:54 PM
Micky, Man, you gotta keep your eye on Keeton. He will push you into a world of crap. Look at what he forced me into by shaming me about my shop. I don't really know about David D. but I suspect he needs watching as well. I have a gut feeling that along with his wit he is a real prankster.

David E Keller
05-02-2011, 8:22 PM
Congrats on the new chuck, Mickey! You've been due from some good luck, and I'm glad it finally found you.

Bob Noles
05-02-2011, 8:51 PM
So glad to see that package finally arrived on your doorstep Mickey. I was starting to get a little concerned over the length of time it was in transit. I am even more glad to see the wonderful turn around you are experiencing this week as compared to last week. You and Charlotte have been kept in our prayers all along and I feel that we are seeing an answer to those prayers.

My part in this was small compared to John's, but I had just as much fun being a part of pushing you into the vortex and look forward to watching you fall even deeper. I have participated in several of these events in the past and all I can say is that it certainly warms the heart. I appreciate John allowing me to be a part of this, even though he carried the lion's share.

Enjoy your new toy Mickey and be sure to share pictures of your works.

John Keeton
05-02-2011, 9:43 PM
Mickey, I hope this helps in some small way. Glad to be a part of it, and I certainly wish you and Charlotte the best! Things have a way of working out for those that have a good heart - pass it along someday when you get a chance. I know you will!

Bernie Weishapl
05-02-2011, 9:52 PM
Congrats Mickey. You got to watch old Keeton and Noles. They are a sneaky couple but can't find any better than them. Have fun and take care.

Dan Forman
05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Mickey --- Glad to see how this worked out. See you have your location posted now, looked up Mission in my atlas - you weren't kidding about being way down south! What kind of trees grow down there? Wishing the best for you and Charlotte.

By the way, what the heck is an MIB?

Dan

mickey cassiba
05-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Mickey --- Glad to see how this worked out. See you have your location posted now, looked up Mission in my atlas - you weren't kidding about being way down south! What kind of trees grow down there? Wishing the best for you and Charlotte.

By the way, what the heck is an MIB?

Dan Old (not really) movie 'Men in Black' Really sneaky guys, good for a chuckle, with no socially redeeming factors.
Mickey
Gotta get a new signature...

mickey cassiba
05-03-2011, 2:11 AM
So glad to see that package finally arrived on your doorstep Mickey. I was starting to get a little concerned over the length of time it was in transit. I am even more glad to see the wonderful turn around you are experiencing this week as compared to last week. You and Charlotte have been kept in our prayers all along and I feel that we are seeing an answer to those prayers.

My part in this was small compared to John's, but I had just as much fun being a part of pushing you into the vortex and look forward to watching you fall even deeper. I have participated in several of these events in the past and all I can say is that it certainly warms the heart. I appreciate John allowing me to be a part of this, even though he carried the lion's share.

Enjoy your new toy Mickey and be sure to share pictures of your works. Bob the term 'Snail Mail' takes on new meaning here in South Texas. It is rumored that all mail expedited to either to DFW or Houston, then loaded onto pack mules who are led by retired pony expressmen into the nether regions of Texas. I have tracked packages across the country that sort of fall into a slow motion after moving lower than Dallas. It's really weird.Perhaps it's the heat or the fact that South Texas is really still a part of old Mexico. Who knows?
Anyway I thank you both, and when my turn comes I hope to pass it on with half as much class as you two have shown.
And to the rest of you, thanks for the encouragement...hope I have something to show off soon.

Mickey

Where'd I leave that darned hammer...

Kathy Marshall
05-03-2011, 3:54 AM
Congrats on the new chuck Mickey!
Kudos to John and Bob! I've never seen a more generous group of people than turners!

bob svoboda
05-03-2011, 9:00 AM
Congrat's on the chuck. Looking forward to seeing what you turn using it.