PDA

View Full Version : New guy with a new machine

Jefferey Scott
05-02-2011, 1:18 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself and show off my new planer that I picked up at Grizzly in Springfield Mo. I live about 3 hours away and this was my first trip to their showroom which was absolutely awesome! So many tools and so little money. Needless to say I have more future purchases on my wish list. Great forum y'all have here!

David Nelson1
05-02-2011, 1:32 PM
Welcome to the Creek. Congrats on your purchase I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it as soon as you figure out where to put it for the 5th time.:D

Looking forward to a review once you do get it installed!

James Baker SD
05-02-2011, 2:33 PM
Welcome, and you are a fast learner. Proof with photo right away :-)

Dave Lehnert
05-02-2011, 3:41 PM
So is the gloat the new planer or the fact you live only 3 hrs away from a Grizzly showroom?

Welcome to the Creek.

Andrew Pitonyak
05-02-2011, 5:51 PM
Now if I can just get you to move next door to me so that I can use your planer :-)

Welcome to the forum.

Randy Dutkiewicz
05-02-2011, 5:57 PM
Okay Jefferey, quit telling everyone on here that is YOUR planer and just bring me the darn thing like we discussed. I'm waiting patiently:) Welcome!

Paul McGaha
05-02-2011, 7:15 PM
Welcome Jefferey, and congratulations on the new planer.

PHM

Neil Brooks
05-02-2011, 7:40 PM
Welcome to the forum !!!

You DO know that ... the only "proper" response is to tell you that you suck, right ??

Great planer ! Made a pretty good splash, here, didn't you ? ;)

Rob Holcomb
05-02-2011, 8:50 PM
Congrats and Welcome Jefferey! I have a G0453 planer as well and have never regretted the purchase. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work you create with the help of that planer!

Damon Stathatos
05-02-2011, 9:14 PM
...So many tools and so little money.

Welcome and may God help you. Just remember to deny everything when the concerned questions begin from friends and loved ones.

Jefferey Scott
05-03-2011, 7:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm looking forward to planing many feet of lumber and getting inspiration from all of you. And y'all can drop by any time to use the grizzly!

Jeff

Myk Rian
05-03-2011, 8:50 AM
So is the gloat the new planer or the fact you live only 3 hrs away from a Grizzly showroom?

Welcome to the Creek.
The gloat is the fact it got home without being dumped out the back of the pick-up truck.:D

Sam Layton
05-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi Jefferey,

Welcome to the Creek, and congratulations on the new planer.

Sam

eugene thomas
05-04-2011, 12:19 AM
I am going to stop into the grizzly showroom in Pennsylvania next week when on vacation in the area. So any heads up on the really cool areas in the megaplex?

Jefferey Scott
05-04-2011, 7:08 AM
I am going to stop into the grizzly showroom in Pennsylvania next week when on vacation in the area. So any heads up on the really cool areas in the megaplex?

Every square foot of the showroom has something interesting to see. I think I marveled at the really big machines and some of the excellent woodworking that was on display in the middle of the showroom. You will most certainly find yourself walking around with a grin on your face!

Gene Waara
05-04-2011, 2:35 PM
........And y'all can drop by any time to use the grizzly!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. My mapquest says I am only 968 miles or 15 hours and 14 minutes down the road. Do i need to call first?

Welcome to the Creek Great people here!

Jefferey Scott
05-05-2011, 7:08 AM
Thanks Jeff. My mapquest says I am only 968 miles or 15 hours and 14 minutes down the road. Do i need to call first?

Welcome to the Creek Great people here!

No need to call, just ring the doorbell when you get here. We're casual and layed back type folks