PDA

View Full Version : To all of our Armed Servicemembers

Lee Koepke
05-02-2011, 8:36 AM
..... especially those that have spent the better part of the last 10 years deployed in the middle east.

Well done, and thank you! :cool:

Gary Hodgin
05-02-2011, 8:51 AM
+1 Great News!

Rick Huelsbeck
05-02-2011, 9:01 AM
+1 here as well, Thank you from all of us that are safe today because of the sacrifices you fine men and women have made.

BOB OLINGER
05-02-2011, 9:31 AM
+1 - We are deeply indebted and grateful for all our service men and women that provide the basis for our freedom and way of American life.

Greg Peterson
05-02-2011, 9:58 AM
Thank you for your the dedicated, relentless service. Mission Accomplished.

sarah schell
05-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Thank you. It seems so inadequate for all that you give, and we really do appreciate you.

mickey cassiba
05-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Add my thanks to all involved! We must remain ever vigilant.

Pat Germain
05-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Our nation's finest have taken out the world's worst.

Jim Koepke
05-02-2011, 11:38 AM
It's a tough job, thanks for doing it.

jtk

ray hampton
05-02-2011, 11:43 AM
many thanks from me

David Prince
05-02-2011, 1:10 PM
+1 on the Thanks. I appreciate our service members and those at home protecting our soil.

The service members did what they needed to do and I don't disagree with what was done.

I think it is okay to feel a sense of justice, but it concerns me that people are literally "dancing" in the street in celebration. Bad person or not, it is still the death of a human being.

Are we any better than anyone else if we take pleasure in another's demise?

Jim Rimmer
05-02-2011, 1:29 PM
I will add my thanks to all the others for the service our young people give. But also ask for prayers of protection as Al Qaeda and the Taliban will surely seek retribution. God protect them all.

Pat Germain
05-02-2011, 2:15 PM
+1 on the Thanks. I appreciate our service members and those at home protecting our soil.

The service members did what they needed to do and I don't disagree with what was done.

I think it is okay to feel a sense of justice, but it concerns me that people are literally "dancing" in the street in celebration. Bad person or not, it is still the death of a human being.

I don't think it's really celebrating the death a person. Rather, it's celebrating the end of a very large evil on a truly global scale. And besides, he was not a human being by any definition in my dictionary.

Mike Henderson
05-02-2011, 2:35 PM
..... especially those that have spent the better part of the last 10 years deployed in the middle east.

Well done, and thank you! :cool:
+1 Thanks to everyone who labored all these years to bring Bin Laden to justice.

Mike

David Prince
05-02-2011, 2:49 PM
I don't think it's really celebrating the death a person. Rather, it's celebrating the end of a very large evil on a truly global scale. And besides, he was not a human being by any definition in my dictionary.

Dictionary Definition:

human being
n a member of any of the races of Homo sapiens; person; man, woman, or child

Yes, I agree that we can celebrate the end of a very large evil, but dancing in the street to celebrate that? We may not agree with what he has done, but it is not our job to judge his actions. That is reserved for a higher power no matter what power it is that you believe in. (The higher power could be judicial or religious.)

And just to make it very clear, I am an American and agree that it was one of those necessary evils that needed to be dealt with, but taking pleasure in another's demise seems like a greater evil.

Mike Henderson
05-02-2011, 3:00 PM
Dictionary Definition:

human being

Yes, I agree that we can celebrate the end of a very large evil, but dancing in the street to celebrate that? We may not agree with what he has done, but it is not our job to judge his actions. That is reserved for a higher power no matter what power it is that you believe in. (The higher power could be judicial or religious.)

And just to make it very clear, I am an American and agree that it was one of those necessary evils that needed to be dealt with, but taking pleasure in another's demise seems like a greater evil.
Whether we like it or not, we have to make judgments about whether another person has committed a crime and how serious that crime is. My judgment is that Bin Laden was especially evil, wishing to bring death to people simply because they did not share his beliefs - men, women, and children, civilian or military - and he did bring death to many. I did not dance in the street but I can understand why people would do so. An especially evil person has been brought to justice and I'm quite happy about it. It is incumbent on society to purge itself of evil, especially the type of evil espoused by Bin Laden.

Mike

alex grams
05-02-2011, 3:11 PM
A hearty thanks.

One of the prouder moments of my life was the opportunity to meet Marcus Luttrell and shake his hand and thank him for his service. A true Hero in many senses of the word, and an incredibly tough Navy Seal.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt220/alexgrams/AlexwithMarcus_Luttrell.jpg

Belinda Barfield
05-02-2011, 3:53 PM
My thanks as well.

"I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." ~ Mark Twain

Pat Germain
05-02-2011, 4:02 PM
Dictionary Definition:

human being

Well, that's not from my dictionary. :-)

And I am quite comfortable with celebrating the end of this monster. We, the world community, have judged him evil and he was taken out based on this judgement. What becomes of him in the afterlife is for a higher power to decide. I think it's appropriate to celebrate his demise just as people celebrated the demise of the Axis Powers in the previous century.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-02-2011, 4:14 PM
Folks,

Lets please stop the one-upmanship arguments. I doubt seriously if you will change each others minds and frankly its off topic for this thread. Please.

Pat Germain
05-02-2011, 5:47 PM
I honestly have no idea what you mean by one-upmanship, Ken. But I will try to stay on topic.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-02-2011, 6:01 PM
This thread is about thanking those in the military for their service. It is not about any theories about Bin Laden or any form of political discussion.

I would hate to close this thread because certain members can't display a little personal discipline.

Paul McGaha
05-02-2011, 6:26 PM
Proud to be an American. Proud of our troops and others. God bless them.

More work to do though.

PHM

Kent E. Matthew
05-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Bravo Zulu, USSOCOM (JSOC) Personnel ... *Thank You*

John Messinger
05-03-2011, 8:04 AM
Our nation's finest have taken out the world's worst.
Concur, well said. Thank God for the SEALs!

Joe Chritz
05-05-2011, 4:07 PM

Yes

How many innocent people from here out won't die because he did? How many soldiers did we lose in fighting to minimize collateral damages? It wouldn't have been difficult to level a six block radius with a couple button pushes.

I agree that any loss of life is a terrible thing, it was of his own making. Staying alive would have been easy for him, don't take up arms against us.

The campaign is far from over. Now is the time to remain vigilant.

Joe

Bill Clark De
05-06-2011, 8:16 AM
This news flash
Ben Laden 's last face book entry released."BRB some ones at the door"

Rod Sheridan
05-06-2011, 9:08 AM
This news flash
Ben Laden 's last face book entry released."BRB some ones at the door"

Geez Bill, a little warning, I choked so badly on my tea that one of the people in the office next to mine came in to see if I was OK..............Rod.

Greg Peterson
05-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Good one Bill. Hilarious!

Belinda Barfield
05-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Have any of you had the newest cocktail craze? A Geronimo - two shots and a slight splash.