PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding someone in Atlanta who works on electric motors.

Stephen Saar
05-01-2011, 9:23 PM
Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this, couldn't really figure out where a post like this should go.

2nd Note: I posted this on OWWM.org as well, don't normally like to cross post to multiple forums, but sometimes for these kinds of searches more eyes are better.

I have my grandfathers old 1950's Dewalt 16" RAS that I've been very slowly restoring. I have pretty much everything done except for the fact that the motor doesn't work. When I turn it on it justs goes back and forth. I've tried replacing the cap and all the standard stuff, but I can't get it to work. I even sent the rotor to wolfe machinery to fix a crack in part of the aluminium casting of the rotor, since they said that might be the problem. Unfortunately that has not fixed it. I don't have a reasonable way to get the stater and rotor up to them to have them analyze and fix it due to the cost of shipping. So I've been looking for someone in Atlanta who works on and knows electric motors. I've tried all the places I could find on Google, but most didn't respond and the ones who did respond all said the same thing, they only work with businesses. So I'm hoping maybe someone on this forum knows of someone in Atlanta who works on motors and is a good person for this type of job. My last resort is going to Craiglists to see, but I doubt I'll find the kind of quality of work on there that I want. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Stephen

Brad Patch
05-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Have had good luck with these folks

http://www.mccuelec.com/

Don Jarvie
05-02-2011, 2:23 PM
Someone at OWWM will respond. Also do a search at OWWM. Someone has run into this issue at some point and posted info on it.