PDA

View Full Version : templates / clipart availability

Peter Vasic
02-03-2005, 5:10 PM
Hello again Sawmill gang,Just wondering if any of you are aware of websites that may have vector template downloads or clipart/vector stuff for laser engraving..

You know, the sort of stuff that can be used in the showroom, cutout toys, dinosaurs, plaques etc...

any source would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Peter

Keith Outten
02-03-2005, 5:38 PM
Peter,

Years ago I purchased a CD with eleven disks of artwork that was awefull for web design but is great for laser engraving. I don't think the CD set is available now but there are probably some others that would be beneficial to you for engraving.

Epilog has some free samples on their web site and one of them is a dinosaur. They also have some plaques and a few other goodies that are certainly worthwhile, their Sample Club is becoming a nice resource for engraving projects. Laser Bits has a few CD's that they sell but I was not impressed with the ornaments CD I purchased from them, it would have been a bargain for free but was not worth the money :)

There are lots of web sites that sell art work, I purchased the complete set from carvingpatterns.com and I have used many of these over the years. Of course the Corel art that ships with their software is a nice resource.

I hope that some of our other members can offer up some good advice on CD art worth buying.

Linda Tetreault
02-03-2005, 8:07 PM
Peter, check out http://www.berrybasket.comthere are lots of individual projects & several themed CD's, all are inexpensive & you can easily convert the PDF file to vector. Linda

SteveKrim
02-03-2005, 8:47 PM
Hi Linda - could you offer a quick how to convert from pdf to vector??? I have struggled with this often!!!

Linda Tetreault
02-03-2005, 10:29 PM
The PDF files I receive from berrybasket are pretty easy. I'm Corel challenged, so I was overjoyed to find all I had to do was ungroup them, so I could arrange the pieces to fit my wood, & then select all & make all the lines hairline, which on on laser indicates cut lines. When they are ungrouped you can delete all the instructions & design marks on the pattern.

I also have some PDF files (not from berry basket) which still give me night mares, but since I'm learning from my mistakes, I figure I'll be an expert in no time. lol
Linda

Jeff DeVore
02-04-2005, 9:58 AM
Hi Peter,

If you want detailed vector images that you can engrave try Dover Publications electronic clip art collections at : http://store.yahoo.com/doverpublications/by-subject-art-dover-electronic-clip-art-series--cd-rom-.html. I'm not sure what format they are in but have been told on other forums that they will import into corel, Jeff.

George M. Perzel
02-04-2005, 5:55 PM
Hi Guys;
The Dover clipart files come in bmp,jpg, tif, gif, eps,and pct formats. The EPS will open in Corel as a vector file.
George