PDA

View Full Version : Got the Epilog Helix 50w Today (Kudos to Roy Brewer)

Dane Fuller
04-30-2011, 7:11 PM
I posted several days ago about my interest in adding a laser engraver to the lineup of services that I provide at my custom framing and embroidery shop. Since then, I received several calls for marking plaques, awards, and trophies. I knew I needed to get the machine in here fast, and get a jump start on the learning curve.

We had contacted Roy Brewer earlier but had made no commitment. After making my decision, I called him this past Tuesday and in literally that single phone call had the price negotiated. The next day I was contacted by his daughter Jeanette. Three emails and 20 minutes later, Roy called and said he'd meet me on the sidewalk in front of my shop at 8:30 today (Saturday) with the Epilog.

To make a long story short, he was here at 8:30 on the nose and just left a little while ago. Becky and I thank you for all of your help and patience, Roy. With the knowledge you gave us, we'll be able to start filling those orders Monday morning.

Dee Gallo
04-30-2011, 9:51 PM
Congratulations on your new adventure, Dane!

cheers, dee

Rodne Gold
05-01-2011, 1:16 AM
Enjoy the Journey - I have no doubt that you will not regret your decision in both the laser and the choice of supplier , the Brewers have an enviable reputation for excellent service and support. You also have the combined knowledge of the sawmill creek community at your disposal

greg lindsey
05-02-2011, 1:17 AM
Congrats and Welcome.

Although what seems extraordinary to you about Roy’s actions is in fact the norm for the Brewer crew. They are a great group, well except for Jeanette, ya know there’s just something wrong about a Cowboys fan. Oh man am I in trouble. O)

Gary Hair
05-02-2011, 10:58 AM
You are going to be ashamed when you get your butt kicked by a cute little blonde girl...

Dane Fuller
05-02-2011, 5:08 PM
Thanks guys. I spent all weekend and most of today getting to know the new machine. After Roy's instruction, it has been easy to get comfortable with it.

Gary Hair
05-02-2011, 5:19 PM
Thanks guys. I spent all weekend and most of today getting to know the new machine. After Roy's instruction, it has been easy to get comfortable with it.

After you get comfortable do a search on youtube for Roy Brewer and you'll find answers to questions you didn't even know you had... Stay on the edge of your comfort zone and you'll go far in this industry.

Gary

Jeanette Brewer
05-02-2011, 8:54 PM
Oh man am I in trouble

Greg Lindsey, I know where you live. Big mistake. Huge!

Dane Fuller
05-03-2011, 6:31 PM
After you get comfortable do a search on youtube for Roy Brewer and you'll find answers to questions you didn't even know you had... Stay on the edge of your comfort zone and you'll go far in this industry.

Gary

Thanks Gary,
Even though I'm not totally comfortable with the machine, I did the youtube search. You are right, I didn't know I had those questions.....

Lisa Higginbotham
05-03-2011, 7:53 PM
I am so incredibly jealous that you are in the Brewers' territory! If they were in mine I would have an Epilog in a minute! You could not find a better group to take care of you!