PDA

View Full Version : Tracking marks

Rowan Hay
04-30-2011, 8:15 AM
I have a Laserpro Explorer 40 watts which has developed a problem that I can't find the answer too. When cutting Acrylic it is leaving a tracking mark aprox 2mm wide both left and right of the cut. But this only occurs when cutting from the front to the back or back to front, when cutting side ways theres no tracking marks. The laser is cutting through the acrylic fine in all directions. I've cleaned all the mirrors and changed the lense.
Any help would be greatly received.
many thanks

Rodne Gold
04-30-2011, 9:05 AM
Most likely the tickle voltage needs to be reduced , just call your dealer and they will tell you how to do this.

Rowan Hay
05-02-2011, 6:06 AM
Many thanks for your help Rodney
Contacted the New Zealand Agent with no joy, sent me information that was of no use.
Can't find any jumpers when looking at the main Board and nothing in the Hidden Diagnostics........? Don't know what to do next.
Coherent tube.

Chuck Stone
05-02-2011, 8:43 AM
Don't know if this helps or not..

Richard Rumancik
05-02-2011, 2:11 PM
Ok, I'm confused - Rowan has a problem with vector cutting and the suggestions so far seem to pertain to tickle settings which is usually a raster engraving phenomena.

If I understand correctly his cuts in the x direction ("sideways" as he calls it) are fine. The vector cuts along the y axis ("front-back") have a phantom line on each side of the cut line. Rowan, please confirm if I am correct . . .

So if that is the case I don't see how tickle plays a factor. Tickle occurs when the laser fires prematurely and that could not cause phantom lines along side the cut.

Now I wish I could say what is causing it but at the moment I am stumped . . .

Let's suppose the beam for some reason is splitting into three beams - a strong one in the center and two weak ones either side (left and right). If you moved over the material it would trace three lines for y-axis motion but look like a single beam for x-axis motion. I'd like to see what the corner looks like, as that could be a clue of this hypothesis. Then if the hypothesis is valid, what would be the cause of three beams?

Rowan, if you cut a circle, do the phantom lines touch the cutline at the north and south poles, with 2mm offsets at the equator?

Rowan, is it possible to post a picture?

Bill Cunningham
05-03-2011, 8:52 PM
Check your lens, and see it it's cracked! Something is splitting the beam!