PDA

View Full Version : Lumber Liquidators $0.19 a sq ft. Oak laminate.

Rich Engelhardt
04-30-2011, 5:35 AM
LL is running a big sale this weekend...
$.19 a sq ft sounded like a steal. My wife and I planned to visit them during their extended sale hours and pick up a couple thousand sq feet of the stuff @ that price.
Since we have 4 rentals, we figured we could always use it.

I call LL yesterday at noon.
I ask the sales guy, "What can you tell me about the $.19 laminate"?

He replies, "All I can tell you is that it was real popular. We sold out of it in the first 20 min".

..and so it goes...

BTW - he did mention also that they had a good supply of the $.59 and $1.29 sq ft stuff.
Good thing I called. I'm not real fond of bait and switch.

mickey cassiba
04-30-2011, 8:05 AM
They're running a similar ad here for .39/sf...even after I was told by a sales guy that it was all gone. Hey...that's how the get us in the door. It's called the PT Barnum business model.

John Shuk
04-30-2011, 9:42 AM
I got a whole bunch of Ipe deck lumber some years back and I was extremely happy with the price. I saved substantial money and it was delivered as promised.

Dan Hintz
04-30-2011, 8:45 PM
They had 3/4" Bloodwood for $2/sq ft... I considered picking up a box (I only wanted a square foot or two), but I wasn't sure what I would do with 26 square feet...

Jim O'Dell
05-01-2011, 3:16 PM
Rich, is it available online that you could order and have delivered? Maybe to the store for free shipping? Worth a shot. Jim.

Rich Engelhardt
05-02-2011, 6:18 AM
Jim,
It was instore only - no online sales.
What bugged me is that it was supposed to run Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They sold out by 8:20am on Friday, but, the ads for the $.19 stuff were still running Saturday night.

I guess it all boils down to where does a loss leader item become a bait and switch item?

Ruhi Arslan
05-02-2011, 9:13 AM
Wonder how many sqft they had available at that "special advertised" price before they "sold out"...