PDA

View Full Version : Advice on router table/lift purchase.

Ted Asher
02-03-2005, 3:08 PM
Well, I've narrowed it down to two. The Jessem Maste-R-Lift XL or
the Jointech SmartLift Digital. Any coments or sugestions on both
systems including table & fence would be helpful in narrowing my
choice to one.

Thanks,

Ted

Hal Flynt
02-03-2005, 5:49 PM
I took a look at the Jointech in Atlanta last Sat. The way it calibrates is to bring a mounted bit up to where it barely kisses some scrap, then back down just to where there is no more cutting, hit the zero and that bit is adjustible in 1000's of an inch from there on out.

I have the Jointech Clincher and fence for my router table and the smart miter and have always been pleased with their products. NA (no affiliation)

Chris Padilla
02-03-2005, 5:56 PM
Woodpeckers PRL is excellent as well but your choices above are great, too.

Bruce Page
02-03-2005, 6:57 PM
Ted, first of all, welcome to SMC.

If price is not a concern, I would pick the Jointech SmartLift Digital in a heartbeat. It has thread scrubbers that clean the thread before it enters the sealed gear housing, a jack screw that has a self-adjusting backlash eliminator, and several other well thought out features. You can also zero out the digital readout at any time – a feature that I would find invaluable. The JessEm is also a very good lift but I think the Jointech has it beat.

Ted Asher
02-04-2005, 9:04 AM
Guys, Thanks for your replys. I'm actually leaning towards Jointech & am glad to see no negative replys on their system. My wife & I are heading to the woodworking show in Ontario California (from Las Vegas) this morning to take a look at the Jointech system first hand.

Dennis Sneed
12-19-2005, 1:38 PM
I'm looking at the Jointech Smartlift Digital with the Clincher Craftsman fence system. It's a lot of money. FW liked the Woodhaven Router cabinet (less money) but no lift. Does anyone have experience with the Jointech stuff. Is it worth it?

Dennis Sneed
12-19-2005, 1:59 PM
Ted,

Did you get the Jointech digital lift? If so how do you like it? Dennis

Brian Jarnell
12-19-2005, 5:00 PM
Friend said he adapted a scissor jack for the job,he says to perfection.
Mind you it's probably only for cheap skates.:)