PDA

View Full Version : Business card software

Jerry Ingraham
02-03-2005, 12:27 PM
My first and only commission customer has asked me for business cards so that he can pass them out to people who ask about his dining room table. I know software is available to purchase but I really don't want to do that cause I could probably pay to have cards printed for the cost of a software program. I wondered if anyone knew of a free program that can be downloaded and if any of you have examples and would be willing to share a view of them that'd be great. TIA

Dan Gill
02-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Your easiest course is to buy perforated cards at an office supply store, then create the cards in Word or your favorite word processing program. I did this recently and Word even has a template for the cards. Instructions were in the package.

Lee Schierer
02-03-2005, 12:35 PM
I used Wordperfect to make business cards. You can buy card stock at any office supply place. Most word processor programs have templates for business cards. I can print what I need with a laser printer onto the card and make changes when I feel like it as I don't have 500 or more cards left from the previous order.

Glenn Clabo
02-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Here's the Avery template Site...if you buy the blanks you can print using Word.
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLProduct&catalogcode=WEB01&node=10194415&cat=Business+%26+Greeting+Cards&subcat=Business+Cards

Mark Patoka
02-03-2005, 1:02 PM
Microsoft Word is what I use. The Microsoft website has several templates also that might help you.

Hal Peeler
02-03-2005, 1:12 PM
I have used the templates at Microsoft Office's website, but I ran across this website awhile back (no relation, no experience with them).
http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/bcfree.aspx?GP=2%2F3%2F2005+1%3A10%3A27+PM
Hal

John Hulett
02-03-2005, 6:10 PM
Jerry,

If you want to print them yourself, I would second the suggestions above; use Word and/or Avery. Alternatively, you could look on a website, www.download.com (http://www.download.com/) and do a search for "business card." There you will find a bunch of stuff that could be freeware, or shareware (try it free, then pay if you like it). However, unless you have a fairly high-end printer, and if you really desire to make some cash doing WW, I would recommend having them printed at a Kinkos or something similar. This will make it look more "official" or "professional." Think about this; if you got two business cards from two (insert your favorite profession here)<INSERT profession your>, and one was an "okay" home-made card, and one was professionally printed, which person would you call first? Granted, your work will speak for itself, but I think it's all part of the first impression.

Just my 2 cents
- John

Scott Coffelt
02-03-2005, 6:47 PM
Try Vista Print, great prices and high quality. You can ge free cards, but they say Vista Print on the back. I think I paid $10 for 200+ cards. I couldn't print them for that cheap.

www.vistaprint.com

Tim Morton
02-03-2005, 6:56 PM
Send me a PM ...I can lay out a business card for you and send you back a PDF layed out in 8 1/2x11 or 11x17 if you want to print it yourself or take it to have a few sheets printed up at kinko's. If you want to enclose a picture of you or some other clip art or ideas let me know. I can email you proofs for your input too...takes a few minutes of my time and if iy helps you out isn't that the spirit of the creek?(ps....its kind a sort of what I do for a living)

Larry Anderson
02-03-2005, 7:47 PM
My daughter uses Microsoft Publisher.

Rob Littleton
02-04-2005, 4:50 AM
I get the Avery packs from Costco.

If you look at the front of the Avery pack, it has an item number (5 digits or 6), goto www.avery.com and download the template. Voila!!!! Dead simple.

It downloads a template into Word and away you type. Even puts up the boundaries to keep you within the card size.

I just get clipart from on line and insert that.

Like I said, dead easy......

Bill Arnold
02-04-2005, 4:26 PM
Jerry,

I've done a lot of business cards at home over the years and never liked the look of them. No matter how professional the design may look, the cards look home made. I used http://www.overnightprints.com/ to print my cards. I submitted my design and had the cards a few days later. They also have an online design system. Check them out.

Regards,