PDA

View Full Version : hollow Form (started at a Mike Jackofsky clinic...finishing at home)

John Nowack
04-28-2011, 10:24 PM
walnut HF about 8 inches tall...still need to add a couple of coats of finish...critiques/comments welcome (that is if you can tell anything from my horrible pic)

Roger Chandler
04-28-2011, 10:29 PM
That is a pretty nice form............really small foot! Nice job on this, John.....I like the flowing lines of the curve and the form is pleasing to the eye for sure!

Chip Sutherland
04-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Really pleasing form. Nice work. Looks like you got a lot out of the class.

Bernie Weishapl
04-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Really nice form John and looks like the class was a good one.

David E Keller
04-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Beautiful wood and I like the full figured form with smaller foot... The only nit pick I can think of is that the apparent thickness of the form(based on the lip) seems a little odd with the tiny foot. I guess it makes the form feel sort of top heavy for me... That's a pretty small nit! I think it's a gorgeous shape, and that finish is fantastic.

Steve Schlumpf
04-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Wow - looks like the class was worth the effort! Great form!

Dan Forman
04-29-2011, 3:56 AM
Like the form, Lovely curves and a tiny little foot. Dark and mysterious wood with lots of interest, looks like a galaxy floating there on the left side.

Dan

John Keeton
04-29-2011, 5:27 AM
I do like the form, though I am not a great fan of the super small feet on these vessels. I know it is the rage, but they seem to look tipsy to me. Nonetheless, that takes nothing away from what you have done here! Great work, beautiful curves and a nice piece of wood. I guess I am still learning all these folks - took a look at Mike Jacofsky's website - very impressive work!!! Some wonderful turnings, and I am sure the clinic was fantastic.

Jim Adkins
04-29-2011, 8:58 AM
John....Nice form, nice wood, nice job. I too think the foot is smallish but overall
a very nicely done piece. Am wondering why OK has so many good turners? Must
be the water!! OR.....Maybe NEOWTA is the reason. Good job.