PDA

View Full Version : New Unisaw owners

Bob Johnson2
02-03-2005, 8:25 AM
Before I call Delta... Did your saw come with the dust chute that's mentioned in the manual as being included? Looks to be plastic, converts the rectangle to 4" round.
Thanks

Mike Evertsen
02-03-2005, 8:31 AM
I got a dust chute with mine.

JayStPeter
02-03-2005, 9:32 AM
Mine did. But, a lot depends on which model you got. Dust chutes and motor covers are an option. I happened to get a "Limited Edition" saw that included pretty much everything. If you get the basic model, they sometimes don't include it. Delta also has a metal one available with a 5" opening.

Jay

Christopher Stahl
02-03-2005, 10:00 AM
One came with mine. I purchased from Woodworkers, came with mobile base and Bies fence. If you ordered one of those packages, you should have a dust chute.

chris

Garry Smith
02-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Yep,
Got one with mine also from Woodworkers supply.

Bruce Page
02-03-2005, 7:17 PM
My Unisaw is about 5 years old and the chute did not come with it. I think I paid about $30 for it

Dar Lounsbury
02-03-2005, 7:29 PM
I have purchased 3 Unisaws in the last 5 years, different models and not at the same time. None had the dust chute included. I used the $30 metal one on 2 of them and one has a plastic one, due to time constaints.

Herb Blair
02-03-2005, 8:17 PM
look inside the saw. Mine was inside, pull it out thru the dust shoot hole on the back.

Eric Murphy
02-04-2005, 9:00 AM
I just got my Unisaw from Woodworker's Supply and it came with the plastic 4" dust chute. As someone else mentioned, mine was inside the saw.

Anyone have the part number for the metal 5" chute from Delta? Anyone aware of a 6" chute available from anywhere?

JayStPeter
02-04-2005, 10:57 AM
I just got my Unisaw from Woodworker's Supply and it came with the plastic 4" dust chute. As someone else mentioned, mine was inside the saw.

Anyone have the part number for the metal 5" chute from Delta? Anyone aware of a 6" chute available from anywhere?

Go to your local HVAC supply joint and look at the HVAC boots they sell. Should be an easy mod to get one to attach to the saw with whatever outlet size you desire on it. That's how I hooked up my jointer.
Last time I looked the 5" version was available on amazon for somewhere in the $80 - 90 range.

Jay

Bob Johnson2
02-04-2005, 2:44 PM
I'm all set, sure enough you reach up through the dust chute and pull out the plastic cover.

Thanks all.

Herb Blair
02-04-2005, 4:58 PM
Bob,
Glad you found the chute....
If you haven't removed the motor cover, you might want to check to see if there is a shipping block of styrofoam around the motor mount. I found mine after using the saw for awhile.
I have a left tilt, from WW Supply.

Bob Johnson2
02-04-2005, 6:29 PM
Thanks Herb, I'll look. The saw is in the back of my PU till tomorrow so no worries about firing it up yet.