PDA

View Full Version : Weather

mickey cassiba
04-27-2011, 2:06 PM
To all you creekers in the storm stricken areas...our prayers are with you! Charlotte's family have all checked in OK, but the storms have mostly passed them by. Hoping they miss you all too!
Boy I'm glad I'm in South Texas...hurricanes are scary too, but easy to dodge.

Brian Vaughn
04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
We've got the last line of the storms about to hit in about 30 mins, but so far so good. I did sacrifice a piece of pegboard and a 1/4" piece of plywood to cover the car (golf ball sized hail) but I think it worked, whew! My family in Chattanooga have lost power in all houses, and one lost a power pole in the back yard. We'll see what the morning light shows, but sounds like lots of trees down and power lines everywhere....

Rod Sheridan
04-28-2011, 9:06 AM
I was shocked to hear of the extensive loss of life and devastation due to the storm events in the southern USA.

My condolences to those who have lost family, friends and neighbours in this storm.

For those of us who live in areas that don't have any severe storms, it's difficult to imagine the ferocity of that sort of storm.

Regards, Rod.

Charlie Reals
04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Something strange about sitting eating dinner watching a tornado tear Tuscaloosa apart. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all in the path of that Hell. I have kinfolk all along the storm path and some in Tennessee also. So far I have not heard of any being hurt but not all have been heard from.

Belinda Barfield
04-28-2011, 10:30 AM
I spoke with my family in Tuscaloosa this morning. All are well but without power. My cousin is a visiting nurse. She lives across the river from Tuscaloosa. She told me this morning that no one, other than necessary personnel, is being allowed in to Tuscaloosa. She and her fellow nurses were trying to call all of their patients to check on them, and then contact emergency personnel if necessary. A number of her patients lived in a retirement community that as best she could ascertain had been completely destroyed. We're due for the first of the storms to hit around noon, tornado watch until 4. My heart goes out to all affected by this terrible series of storms.

John Hart
04-28-2011, 10:46 AM
I just spent some time going through all the news and video from yesterday. I can't describe the empathy I feel for those whose lives have been torn apart.

Dennis McGarry
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Glad to here most are ok, and to those who have been hit my thoughts and prayers are with you.

If there is anything we can do here for those who have been affected, please do not hesitate to let me know!

Dennis

John Lohmann
04-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't like watching weather reports for 6 hours to find out where the tornadoes are, but I'm glad we have the technology to monitor them. They turned North, luckily for me, but some others might not feel that way.

Jim Rimmer
04-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Lots of prayers for those affected. I've been through several tornadoes and a couple of hurricanes. You can't imagine the awesome power of a tornado and the speed with which it destroys things. God bless them all.

Bonnie Campbell
04-28-2011, 1:32 PM
My heart goes out to all suffering through the horrible storms. I did notice, when living in MS that storm tracking was generally VERY good. Though we had one tornado that went over our house that hadn't been predicted. Tornadoes can be SO unpredictable.