PDA

View Full Version : Wood gloat

Kyle Stiefel
02-02-2005, 11:28 PM
My barge finally made it and I have some walnut and ash which my wood inspector is taking a look over to see if she approves, guess we will keep it.
Good day.

Mark Singer
02-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Great looking wood inspector! My Java eats wood....I can't leave in in the shop alone!

Kyle Stiefel
02-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Great looking wood inspector! My Java eats wood....I can't leave in in the shop alone!
Mark,

I play the same game, except she only chews all the small pieces which some how act as a laxative a little later on. It gives me an excuse to clean up the wood quickly. So as a treat she I give her a small piece once in a while.

Corvin Alstot
02-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Nice shop mate. I can't get my guys into the shop unless I have a small biscuit. They would rather chase squirrels.

What kind of lathe is that in the background?

Jeff Sudmeier
02-03-2005, 7:46 AM
Mark,

I play the same game, except she only chews all the small pieces which some how act as a laxative a little later on. It gives me an excuse to clean up the wood quickly. So as a treat she I give her a small piece once in a while.

Symba loves to steal all the little peices too! His crate that leads to an outdoor kennel is in the shop (garage). When it it time to clean out his kennel, I normally find about 20 small pieces! He takes them out of the scrap bin :)

Kyle Stiefel
02-03-2005, 11:44 AM
What kind of lathe is that in the background?
Corvin,

It's the Jet 1442VSK. I am quite pleased with it although I have little to compare it against.
Good day.

Alan Turner
02-03-2005, 3:50 PM
Looks like some nice walnut leg stock there. What do you have planned for it?
Alan

Guy Boulianne
02-03-2005, 4:48 PM
Ha!!! My Kano (pronounced like canoe in french) Eats wood too, but just the scraps.... how does he know ???

Jerry Olexa
02-03-2005, 5:24 PM
Kyle: Yellow lab?? I have a young male about 1 1/2 yrs old who is my shop buddy. He also eats wood. Don't they have the perfect disposition?

Kyle Stiefel
02-03-2005, 6:50 PM
Looks like some nice walnut leg stock there. What do you have planned for it?
Alan
Alan,
I am going to be trying my hand at a couple of rockers, one for my mother and the other for the lady in my life. Going to let the wood sit for a while to let it acclimate then shall we say, the dust will hit the fan.
Kyle

Kyle Stiefel
02-03-2005, 6:51 PM
Kyle: Yellow lab?? I have a young male about 1 1/2 yrs old who is my shop buddy. He also eats wood. Don't they have the perfect disposition?
Jerry,
Yah yellow lab about 15 months of pure puppy in her. I couldn't ask for a better shop pal.
Kyle

Bruce Page
02-03-2005, 7:24 PM
Kyle, if your wood inspector approved it, it's gotta be good wood!

Labs are the greatest dogs on the planet and that's a beautiful one!