PDA

View Full Version : It's Official-I've gone 'round the bend

Michelle Rich
04-26-2011, 7:39 PM
I hope this addiction fades soon. I'm driving myself crazy. I hope ya'll aren't too bored with them..walnut about 9 -10 inches

Jeff Nicol
04-26-2011, 7:45 PM
Michelle, Time is only what you want to do with it, and your time so far has been well spent! I think that if they are getting a little redundant in your mind then branch out and do something that has a total free edge and without any true design or form in mind. Just let your mind go and mount the blank on as many centers or directions or what ever comes to mind, if you don like it add something or take something away. Just have fun no matter what, turning is addicting in every form and medium you choose to use as enhancements!

Jeff

Dick Wilson
04-26-2011, 8:28 PM
Michelle, I am never bored seeing your work....just intrigued trying to figure out how you do it.:)

Richard Madden
04-26-2011, 8:33 PM
It's never boring looking at your work. I find myself amazed with every piece you share with us. Keep em coming.

John Keeton
04-26-2011, 8:38 PM
A "Cog Wheel" of a different sort! Pretty neat Michelle. This is one where some surface work might work - some leaf highlighting or some such, on the high spots, with some shading in the low areas. Just a thought.

Mark Hix
04-26-2011, 9:03 PM
I never get tired of seeing them. Each one is different. Keep'em coming.

David E Keller
04-26-2011, 9:04 PM
Very cool! This piece reminds me of an old Aztec wall hanging that my parents had up in their house... I wonder what happened to that thing? Ya done good!

Bernie Weishapl
04-26-2011, 9:42 PM
Michelle your pieces are never boring. I really like seeing each of them. This one is top notch.

Michelle Rich
04-27-2011, 5:06 AM
thanks ya'll ..I really struggled with this. John: I thought about 2 days on just what you suggest, and came up with a few ideas & didn't like them & afraid I'd screw up. this design has so many nooks & crannies, that sanding it was a nightmare, let alone getting fancy with it. But maybe down the road, I'll think on it again..I also want to change the middle..I see this as a super rustic piece and think something repetitive might be better. And hey I like "cog" . Might just steal that from you and daniel webster!

philip labre
04-27-2011, 6:59 AM
Another great piece, Michelle. I'm never bored with your work, keep them coming.

bob svoboda
04-27-2011, 9:15 AM
Really nice, Michelle. I always enjoy viewing your creations.

Hayes Rutherford
04-27-2011, 9:22 AM
I too vote that you keep them coming!

Roger Chandler
04-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Michelle, you may have gone round the bend, but one thing is for sure..............you are blazing a trail that shows the way for others............sometimes when you are out in front all by yourself, it can get a little lonesome, but there is a gallery of admirers of your work! :)

Steve Campbell
04-27-2011, 2:34 PM
Michelle if you have "gone round the bend" I must have fallen of the cliff. Don't think I could ever get tired of seeing these.

Keep it up...................

Steve

John Hart
04-27-2011, 8:00 PM
Excellent!!! This piece really appeals to me.

Is that good or bad?:confused:

Bill Wyko
04-27-2011, 8:38 PM
That is very cool. Quite a unique techinque. Remember to go in the house and say hi to the family once in a while. I'm sure they miss you. Strange how the rotation of the lathe seems to draw time into the vortex.

Baxter Smith
04-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Very attractive Michele. Not sure if it reminds me of a piece of machinery, meat tenderizer, or some kind of cookie press. I am looking forward to your next one though!

jwjerry w kowalski
04-28-2011, 10:28 AM
I never get tired of seeing your work, it's very artistic and what originality, some things I feel are beyond my most opimistic skill levels, your work is one of them.

Michael James
04-28-2011, 1:26 PM
Michelle, nothing boring about this series. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
mj

Jim Adkins
04-28-2011, 1:58 PM
Aw Jeez Michelle, This one really talks back. What a nice job & don't even consider the possibility that anyone is tiring of seeing these....I know I'm not. Nice job.

Roland Martin
04-28-2011, 3:37 PM
You're driving "me" crazy:confused:, Michelle, trying to figure out the steps and processes you go through to acheive these wonderous turnings. Keep 'em coming, it helps keep my gears turning. Thanks for posting:)

Michelle Rich
04-28-2011, 6:54 PM
Thanks each & everyone..my head is now swollen well beyond my normal hat size. All your comments keep me motivated and trying to "best" myself.

Cathy Schaewe
04-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Wow. Certainly no boredom here ....

Randall Houghton
04-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi Michelle
Love your latest piece , very industrial looking. I'd be interested to see a pic of the back side also. Has the Weissflog phase faded? When you finally decide your in a rut then it's time to consider the ellipse or the segmented ellipse. I really love your creative concepts and designs. Lets not forget about the laws of physics when working especially that one about an object in motion tends to stay in motion whether its attached to the lathe or not! Looking forward to the next creation and your continued success. Be safe.
Regards
Randy

Michelle Rich
04-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi Michelle
Love your latest piece , very industrial looking. I'd be interested to see a pic of the back side also. Has the Weissflog phase faded? When you finally decide your in a rut then it's time to consider the ellipse or the segmented ellipse. I really love your creative concepts and designs. Lets not forget about the laws of physics when working especially that one about an object in motion tends to stay in motion whether its attached to the lathe or not! Looking forward to the next creation and your continued success. Be safe.
Regards
Randy Hi Randall. thanks so much for your comments and ideas. Today is an absolutely gorgeous day so I am outside putting up gutters and other spring chores. the lathe can wait! The elliptical sounds interesting, and when I run out of round & vessel ideas, i bet I consider it! My next foray will be to take Rustic Geometric and make it into a vessel. I'm still working in my head on how to achieve it, but I think I'm close. We'll see if my imaginings will work in real life in real wood.
Nope Hans and Harvey will still have a great influence on what I will do in the future. I think I have surpassed them both, and I will keep those concepts in future turnings.
Thanks again.