PDA

View Full Version : Tool Storage Photos - Part Last [ #4]

Kent A Bathurst
04-26-2011, 7:08 PM
Other stuff. Results of my continual challenge to find ways to fit "10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag". One alternative would be to not collect so much crap. Yeah, right - you go first, and tell me how that program worked for you. :p :p

OT - remember the classic line by George Carlin: "You ever notice how everyone else's stuff is crap, but your crap is stuff?" Of course, he didn't use those exact words.

Home stretch.......

"Harry Potter - The Early Years" - the room under the stairs. TS blade storage. You can just barely see the end of the TS rail peeking in from the bottom right corrner - about 30" away. You can also see the hose from the notorious pancake compressor [from an earlier thread] in the bottom left. The compressor is under the junk shelf that holds blade boxes, etc. Just to the right of the blade wrench, you can see a TiltBox held by its magnet to a chunk of steel angle bracket screwed to the blade box frame.

The essentials - shelves holding glue, shellac, brushes, basic finishing stuff [like BLO] ZCI and tenon jig for the TS. Also - finishing stuff-du-jour: at the moment, dye + glaze - but these go to a different set of shelves when they are not in the current game, to make room for stuff that is: keep frequently used stuff close at hand, and the other stuff goes wherever. And - temp + humidity dials, plus a roll of Famous Scott Blue Shop Towels.

Also under the stairs, more esentials: Nitrile gloves, waxed paper, Jewitt, Flexner, Hock, Hack, Hoadley, Duginske, Lang.

Never thought I'd buy a motorized tool at the BORG, but I did, and it's OK for the price - does what I need and does what I expected. Not much room left in the 5# bag, except under the back bench. Soooo.......

Roll it out. Put a drill on it with a large socket that fits over the arm on the Pep Boys cheapest scissors jack, and up she goes. Tee-shaped vertical slide/guide rails machined out of some 3/4" UHMW I had laying around.

Ken Deckelman
04-27-2011, 6:59 PM
Nice...but you need to reply to your threads instead of starting new ones. You should click the black triangle (lower right corner) and ask a mod to merge the post's so they are all together under one thread.

Thomas Bank
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Nice...but you need to reply to your threads instead of starting new ones..... ask a mod to merge the post's so they are all together under one thread.

Yep. Found one of them and then had to go searching for the others... Were there only four? Or are there more?

Kent A Bathurst
04-28-2011, 8:41 AM
Nice...but you need to reply to your threads instead of starting new ones. You should click the black triangle (lower right corner) and ask a mod to merge the post's so they are all together under one thread.

Yep. Found one of them and then had to go searching for the others... Were there only four? Or are there more?

Ruh-roh - etiquette violation :eek: . Quoting early Steve Martin: "Well, Excuuuuuuuse ME!" :D :D

Fair enough - I'll remember this grooming tip the second [ie - next] time I post > 5 photos.

Thomas - "...Part Last [#4]..." seems to me to answer your question.

Thanks for your insight, guys.........

Regards,

Kent

Ken Deckelman
04-28-2011, 2:45 PM
Whoops, I meant lower LEFT corner to notify a mod...