PDA

View Full Version : My front door

dennis thompson
04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
My house is surrounded by trees. There is wreath on my front door which is basically made out of fake Forsythia sticks wrapped in a circle. So where does a robin decide to build her nest...on my front door! :)Tried to get a picture of her sitting on the nest but she flies away whenever I get close enough for a picture
Dennis

Belinda Barfield
04-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Well Ms. Robin certainly doesn't seem to be too concerned about safety with her nest right there on the top of the wreath. Hope you are using the back door.:)

Rod Sheridan
04-26-2011, 12:23 PM
You're a lucky man Dennis, of course now we'll want progress photographs!

Regards, Rod.

Lee Schierer
04-26-2011, 12:23 PM
We have had a robin build 1-2 nests per year under our back deck. She always dives out of the nest when we go on the deck and then she fusses at us the whole time we are out there because we are near her nest. The grand kids like peeking thrugh the gap between the deck boards to see the babies.

David Helm
04-26-2011, 2:55 PM
Pretty cool. The nests we're getting are Redwing Blackbirds, Robins, Wood Ducks and Hummingbirds

Bill Cunningham
04-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Maybe she'll lay a dozen? What do 'blue' eggs and ham taste like anyway?:D

Bill Edwards(2)
04-27-2011, 6:46 AM
Maybe she'll lay a dozen? What do 'blue' eggs and ham taste like anyway?:D

Like green eggs and ham, with less yellow.

Ted Calver
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM
SWMBO is a certified wreathaholic and kept insisting on wreathing our front door, with changes for the season, special occasions and seemingly time of day. They are natural nesting places and if we weren't careful, every time we opened the front door (inward) momma bird would fly off--into the house. It then became my job to shoo the bird back out. After a few 'messes' on drapes and furniture I got tired of chasing birds, took the wreath off the front of the door and put it on the inside of the door. For some inexplicable reason this seemed to placate SWMBO's wreathing urge, so during nesting season the wreaths smile happily on our living room from the back of the door.