PDA

View Full Version : WOO HOO . . . Lucky Day

Belinda Barfield
04-25-2011, 8:45 AM
I got to work this morning to find an e-mail in my in box offering me a position in a weight loss program - this is NOT the lucky part. Today I won 1,000,000 pounds (I only have to open the attachment), and then I received the following:

I am Lim Heng Seng, Attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours,who lost his life alongside his wife and only child in (Beirut-bound charter jet) plane crash on the Monday, 9 January 2006, 12:12GMT. (link to BBC report deleted) Prior to the Death of my Late Client.Contact Email:esq_limseng@w.cn

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client(S$19,000,000.00 Million) is lodged in the bank.

Regards
Barr Lim Heng Seng

How lucky can one girl get? And its only 8:45!:rolleyes::D I think this e-mail is the first one I have received that actually referenced how my deceased relative died. I'm headed out to buy some lottery tickets now.

Lee Schierer
04-25-2011, 10:20 AM
What do you need lottery tickets for you already have 1,000,000 pounds of something akin to fertilizer waiting for you at Mr. Barr Lim Heng Seng's bank.

Belinda Barfield
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
I need those winning lottery tickets because my mama always said you can never have too much money, and my daddy always said you can never have too much fertilizer!

Lee Koepke
04-25-2011, 12:51 PM
apparently today is my UNLUCKY day .... seems a friend of my wife got an IM that we had been robbed at gunpoint in London this morning and needed $1500 wired to us so we can get home .....

David G Baker
04-25-2011, 1:30 PM
Belinda,
You have all the luck. The only E-mail that offer great rewards for me are from local funeral homes and college degrees. If you find out that you don't have a use for the fertilizer I have an acre of land that could use it along with some top soil. A person can never have too much money or fertilizer. Your parents are very wise people.

Belinda Barfield
04-25-2011, 1:37 PM
Hang in there Lee! As soon as I collect my fortune I'll get y'all home . . .:D

Lee Koepke
04-25-2011, 1:40 PM
Hang in there Lee! As soon as I collect my fortune I'll get y'all home . . .:D
thanks!!!!

her friend actually was beginning to make arrangements to send the money, when she decided to call me at work first .... damn good thing she did that!

Gary Hodgin
04-25-2011, 2:44 PM
Ole Barr Lim Heng Seng is quite a guy!

Belinda Barfield
04-25-2011, 2:52 PM
Ole Barr Lim Heng Seng is quite a guy!

Isn't he? He didn't ask me to send any money, give him my bank information, or credit card number. It was just so nice of him to make all that effort to find me.

Brian Effinger
04-25-2011, 8:35 PM
Wow, you are lucky. All I ever get are emails for drugs and things to enhance certain aspects of my anatomy. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

ray hampton
04-25-2011, 8:51 PM
I got to work this morning to find an e-mail in my in box offering me a position in a weight loss program - this is NOT the lucky part. Today I won 1,000,000 pounds (I only have to open the attachment), and then I received the following:

I am Lim Heng Seng, Attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours,who lost his life alongside his wife and only child in (Beirut-bound charter jet) plane crash on the Monday, 9 January 2006, 12:12GMT. (link to BBC report deleted) Prior to the Death of my Late Client.Contact Email:esq_limseng@w.cn

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client(S$19,000,000.00 Million) is lodged in the bank.

Regards

How lucky can one girl get? And its only 8:45!:rolleyes::D I think this e-mail is the first one I have received that actually referenced how my deceased relative died. I'm
headed out to buy some lottery tickets now.
Barr Lim Heng Seng

how do barr lim heng seng find the time to sent E-MAIL to everybody ?

Gary Hodgin
04-25-2011, 9:33 PM
I wouldn't send that info to just anyone, but ole Barr is an Attorney at Law you know.

anthony wall
04-26-2011, 6:34 AM
he must have a lot of dead clients ,i received the same e mail in thailand i have also received similar ones on numerous occasions, i know that to people with a little savvy these e mails are usually just an annoyance but i feel very sorry for the people who actualy lose money to these scammers and i assume there are quite a few as i know my son in the uk has received them as has my daughter in australia. it is obviously worldwide .not knowing too much about the internet i dont know if it would be possible to trace the scammers and prosecute them or at the very least try to block them and i am talking about the governments in the countries that they originate from or maybe its not possible??????????

Belinda Barfield
04-26-2011, 7:13 AM
I wouldn't send that info to just anyone, but ole Barr is an Attorney at Law you know.

Actually Gary, he is an "Attorney at law". I'm not sure if the lack of a capital L makes any difference.:D

Gary Hodgin
04-26-2011, 9:06 AM
Actually Gary, he is an "Attorney at law". I'm not sure if the lack of a capital L makes any difference.:D

Belinda, he omitted the usual Esq. also. I thought all attorneys want to be known as Esquires these days. I guess with a name like his you don't need to add anything at the end. His name speaks for itself.

Lee Schierer
04-26-2011, 12:25 PM
It must be contagious I just got an offer from Carl Johnson to build shaker tables for him. This could be the start of a woodworking business.... :D

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am Carl and I will like to place an Order on some (shaker tables) I will like to know the price of the (shaker table Size Large: 29.5"H x 55"W x 39.3"D ) If you do not have this type then email me with the type that you have as well as the price.Moreover,what types of credit cards do you accept for Payment?

Regards,

Carl..:D

Tony Daurio
04-26-2011, 4:33 PM
he must have a lot of dead clients ,i received the same e mail in thailand i have also received similar ones on numerous occasions, i know that to people with a little savvy these e mails are usually just an annoyance but i feel very sorry for the people who actualy lose money to these scammers and i assume there are quite a few as i know my son in the uk has received them as has my daughter in australia. it is obviously worldwide .not knowing too much about the internet i dont know if it would be possible to trace the scammers and prosecute them or at the very least try to block them and i am talking about the governments in the countries that they originate from or maybe its not possible??????????

How dare you infer that the Nigerian Prince who wants to give me 5 mil is a scammer. Royalty would not stoop to such tactics. I will be sure to laugh at you on my way to the bank

Jeff Nicol
04-26-2011, 5:40 PM
Oh happy day! We all must be related to the lost soul who passed on, as I get one of these just about every day! I get some from lonely singles looking for long term relationships too, maybe I can get rich and a batch of lonely ladies to help me spend it. I am not sure my bride would go for that, so I don't bother with either.

How can there really be folks out there that believe these things????

Sometimes being poor is richer than all the money in the world, but without the caviar and Mercedes!

Have a great day,

Jeff

Bill Cunningham
04-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Jeeeze! I've lost count of all the lotteries/Amazing Deals/Millions of dollars in orders(just have to tell em what credit cards I accept)/And simply collecting money and forwarding by western union after I take my cut/And to think! If it wasn't for the marvels of this computer, I might never have any prospects at all.. How much is a ticket to Nigeria? Mugumbo is just itching to give me a cheque !

Belinda Barfield
04-27-2011, 7:30 AM
The one from the "attorney" is the first one I've ever received that didn't ask for anything. I'm guessing the link to the news story about the plane crash is a portal for some sort of virus. I wonder how many people just couldn't resist reading the story.

anthony wall
04-27-2011, 8:55 AM
i received an e mail from a friend in the uk warning of a similar one doing the rounds it said that nothing was asked for on the first contact only an e mail adress on the second contact an actual living adress then on the third contact all the rest of your personal info was needed ,i assume they were trying to build up confidence before they then looted your bank account.sounds pretty much like a scam to me.

Dick Strauss
04-27-2011, 10:36 AM
I got a letter from the Sultan of Brunei's Minister of Finance's (Prince Jefri Bolkiah's) nephew. It seems that the Minister of Finance is being accused of embezzling 10 billion pounds so his family is helping to get the funds from various banks scattered around the world. The nephew claims to have access to $500M that he would like me to help him access while he is in jail (he claims the guards are loyal to him and will help complete the transaction). He will give me 20% for my troubles ($100M) so I think I won the lottery in exchange for doing a little banking for him. I never knew folks could be so generous!

Lee Schierer
05-05-2011, 8:26 AM
My luck is apparently continuing. Business is picking up as they say. I just got an email order from "daniel Morgan" (yes that is how he spelled it) and he wants to order a "same side chair".

The only thing holding me back is I have to figure out what a "same side chair" looks like so I can get back to Mr. Morgan with the types and prices and methods of payment I accept. Anyone have any plans? If anyone has plans but is unwilling to share them I would be happy to forward Mr. Morgan's email to you so you can take advantage of his offer.

Belinda Barfield
05-05-2011, 8:36 AM
Not being a furniture expert, Lee, I can't help you with this. Perhaps one of our resident furniture experts can educate me on the design and completion of a "same side chair". Lucky you.

I received another one today - my luck just keeps going and going. Keith better watch out or soon I'll be rich enough to buy the Creek!;)

"Greetings,

This message may come to you as a surprise, because we have never met before now.

I am Dr. Paul Blair, I am a Senior Director with the Royal Bank of Scotland. There is the sum of $20,600,000.00 in my Bank {Royal Bank of Scotland} United Kingdom, But, there were no beneficiaries stated concerning these funds which means no one would ever come forward to claim it.

This is why i am requesting for your Partnership, so we can have this sum transfered out of my Royal Bank of Scotland into your Bank Account or any other account of your choice.I will be pleased to see if you can help me and also be a good and Trusted person. Once the funds have been transferred to your Nominated Bank Account we shall then share in the ratio of 60% for me, 40% for you.

Send me an email to my private email address: __________ if you are interested in assisting me, so i can give you more details.

This is a great Life time opportunity for both of us. IT IS 100% RISK FREE.

Regards
Dr. Paul Blair"

I am a good and Trusted person. I am not so sure, however, that I believe the same of Dr. Blair.

Jim Heikes
05-05-2011, 1:07 PM
A little kindness please...............would one of you lucky souls please help a poor wood addict trapped in the woodturning vortex.
All contributions to help me feed my habit will be greatly appreciated. I need enablers.:):):D:D;);)

Belinda Barfield
05-05-2011, 1:42 PM
A little kindness please...............would one of you lucky souls please help a poor wood addict trapped in the woodturning vortex.
All contributions to help me feed my habit will be greatly appreciated. I need enablers.:):):D:D;);)

You're off to a great start with that cute puppy face of yours! No one can resist that. Once I come in to my millions I'll take you to a nice store and we'll get you some good chunks of wood to feed your habit.:D

David Larsen
05-05-2011, 2:32 PM
How about the "free" kitten scam to soften you up?

A lady got scammed big time and she wanted people to learn from her mistake. She contacted and add on the internet for a FREE kitten. It said he was from Michigan City, but later she found out he was from Cameroon. She thought it was a british company but later found out its AFRICA!! The guy told her all she would have to pay for is the delivery charge. The charge was $200. So she was impulsive and went and western unioned them the money. He said the kitten was on its way and would be there in the morning. Then the next day she got an email saying there was an "unexpected" refundable insurance charge of $300 that she had to pay before the kitten could be delivered. She told them NO she already paid $200 and was not paying $500 for a kitten. He assured her it was refundable. Then the guy said he would pay $200 if she paid $100 she said NO but then being dumb later agreed to pay $50 and the guy told her he watched the kitten take off. Then the next morning she got a phone call saying that the driver went to jail and he didn't get to pay the $250 so she needed to send it as soon as possible. She told them NO and that she just wanted her money back. They said they could only refund the $50 because the $200 was for a plane ticket!!! She is still waiting for $50 a month later!!

LOL, I bet she is still waiting.

Belinda Barfield
05-05-2011, 2:52 PM
Never heard of the "free" kitten scam. Around here people pay you to take kittens . . . heyyyy, wait a minute . . . I could offer to pay people $100 to take a kitten if they just send me $9.95 shipping and handling. Gotta go, I've got an empire to build.

Bill Cunningham
05-08-2011, 3:53 PM
My wife called me over to look at her facebook page the other day, it seems one of our nephews was stranded in the U.K. after being mugged, and needed money for a flight home..She asked my how we could help him... I said, it's a scam, and she said "but it's Paul?" I said, send him a message back, and say "Oh what a horrible predicament to be in, and on top of that, did you know your dog 'Fred' got hit by a snowplow in Downtown Toronto today and was killed instantly.. Did you want him buried, or cremated?" He typed back I was unaware Fred had been killed, do what we thought was best.." I then said to my wife, "now do you understand?" She then sent a email to our nephew to change his facebook password because his current one had been compromised!