PDA

View Full Version : Hungry??

Roger Newby
04-24-2011, 7:07 PM
We're just getting started!!:p

Michael Weber
04-24-2011, 11:23 PM
lol, I had to have my wife tell me what that was a picture of. Sorry, but I would have to be starving.:eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Morels......

My wife loves morels. We moved to Idaho in 1982. I started elk hunting with a bunch of guys in 1984. The next spring I got a call. We went for a little walk with one of the guys and his family. We came home with two large sacks of morels. We soaked them in salt water overnight. The next day as the LOML prepared them for freezing, she hovered over them saying "Now this place seems like home."

Her family had what they referred to as "the meal". Fresh sweet corn.....fried walleye and fried morels. Morels became hard find in the area of Illinois where her family lives. The last few times they had "the meal" the morels came from Idaho and the very last time the walleye her Dad and I caught on the Columbia River above Grand Coulee dam in what is refered to as "Lake Roosevelt". Our oldest son loves his Momma so much, he hunts morels in Washington State across the Snake River from our residence. He doesn't eat them but his Momma does.

David Peterson MN
04-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Morel hunting is one of my favorite times of the year!

mickey cassiba
04-26-2011, 3:02 AM
One of the very few things I miss about Tennessee...the hunt! Nothing better than fresh morels...well there are but not appropriate for posting here:D

Rod Sheridan
04-26-2011, 8:30 AM
Thanks a lot Ken, now my stomach is growling and I'm about to start salivating like Pavlov's dog.......Rod.

Zach England
04-28-2011, 8:29 AM
I am not going to tell you guys what I pay for those at the little upscale market around the corner from me.

Bill Cunningham
04-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Jeeez! At first glance I thought it was a sponge:o I don't know how long I would have to go without food before I would eat a sponge.. And now, I'm too old to be Spongeworthy :D

Haven't eaten a lot of morels (obviously) but I do like puffballs sliced up and fried in butter!