PDA

View Full Version : Assistance John K

Dick Wilson
04-24-2011, 10:03 AM
John,

Just curious what you would do. Cherry HF that started out with a natural edge collar. Got a catch with an unfamiliar specialty tool and put a hole in it right where collar meets the body:o:o:o192676192677:mad::mad::mad::mad:. I took it off and finished hollowing the piece. I am toying with the idea of reversing the collar as you see in pic. Finial or no finial? It came out of the burn barrel once, it it goes back in it stays. John is the Finial Master, but I am also interested what everyone has to say.

Forget it, I have no intention of tossing it :D:D:D:Dhttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/misc/pencil.png

David E Keller
04-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Lots of ways to go here, but I'll tell you the first thing that came to my mind... Why not plug the opening that you hollowed through and reverse the piece to create a tiny opening where the pedestal now stands? The result would be a very nice egg shaped HF with a tiny opening that leaves people wondering, "How'd he do that?"

Dick Wilson
04-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Lots of ways to go here, but I'll tell you the first thing that came to my mind... Why not plug the opening that you hollowed through and reverse the piece to create a tiny opening where the pedestal now stands? The result would be a very nice egg shaped HF with a tiny opening that leaves people wondering, "How'd he do that?"

Thanks Dave, I have turned the base and have decided to attach the collar upside down (in some fashion). The base now would follow the law of thirds much better. What I use for a finial is still up in the air. I have identified several options. The saga continues.................................

John Keeton
04-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Dick, I am unsure of where the damage is located. Though I will be unavailable for a few hours, I would be interested in a couple more pics showing the top.

Alan Zenreich
04-24-2011, 2:10 PM
I'm not sure how many of you will get this obcure movie reference, but the second photo of the first post reminds me of a "major award"... soon to be displayed in a living room window. It just needs a little fringe. <vbg>

David E Keller
04-24-2011, 2:17 PM
I'm not sure how many of you will get this obcure movie reference, but the second photo of the first post reminds me of a "major award"... soon to be displayed in a living room window. It just needs a little fringe. <vbg>

Ralphie likes it very much!

Dick Wilson
04-24-2011, 2:37 PM

:confused::confused::confused: It has no lampshade, mesh nylons, and I don't see a leg :confused::confused::confused: